Chapter 17

SAMMY

“Wake up sleepyhead, rise and shine!”

I could feel his hand gripping my shoulders, shaking me quite vigorously since I persistently ignored his initial efforts of slapping me lightly on the cheeks, not wanting to rub off the drowsiness from my eyes.

“Is it Fourth of July already?”

I know that’s what I had in mind but I might have mumbled some other incomprehensible attempts of a sentence to reply him back, in which he snorted out a deep chuckle. He slapped my exposed back instead as I dug my face deeper into the blissfully comfy and puffy hotel pillows, lying on my tummy and the sheets covering my naked body starting just below the dimples on my back.

“What the fuck are you saying?”

“I think he’s asking whether today is already the Fourth of July, no?”

I blinked a few times upon hearing the third, out-of-bed yet chirpy voice. I then proceeded with taking my head out of them stack of pillows and rubbed both my eyes, yawning unflatteringly to accentuate my normal waking-up routine. I didn’t bother to do any of those those typical spine-cracking, joint-busting moves like most people would and sat upright yoga-style though my feets are not crossed – too much hassle.

Jer went closer to give me a kiss on the forehead that earned him a cute ‘aww’ from the adoring raven-haired, big blue doe-eyed French boy, barely out of his high-school teenage years with his flawless supple skin. I flipped Jer off and he ruffled my bedhead in return, my thick mop of blond locks was nothing compared to his ridiculously amazing brown waves.

“Why am I the only one not dressed?”

“Now I can actually get what you’re saying. You can answer that yourself on your way to the shower.” He was wearing a well-fitted tank top smeared with the USA flag design that showed off his lean, sinewy muscles that ran up his entire torso to his arms paired with a faded grey skinnies. He’s just nice, not too buffed up for my taste.

“Last night was… incroyable! Thanks for inviting me, Mr. Martensen.”

“Oli, what did I say? How come you can call him Jer and not call me Sammy like I told you so?” I grabbed hold of his wrist when he sat his cute ass down by the bedside and tugged him into my embrace as my back fell back onto the bouncy, ultra-comfy bed thus dragging him with me and gave him short kisses all over his face.

“You smell bad mister – oh yes, Sammy, please brush your teeth first!”

“I am offended, Oli! Off you go.”

I released him from the headlock and Jer could only roll his eyes, walking back in from the balcony separated with transluscent sliding doors that allowed the rich glow of morning sunshine bathe most of the hotel suite but a bit too bright for my comfort, so I had to rub my eyes some more to adjust back to it.

“If your next question is what time is it, then it’s already half-eight so get your ass up, man. We need to get some petit-dejeuner before we could head off to Disneyland, remember?”

“Wow, where did you learn that word?”

“Olivier was nice enough to teach me how to pronounce most phrases in my book the right way, unlike someone I know.”

“Hey I can be as lazy-ass as I want!” I yawned some more, rolling my neck around just to get the kinks out. “Yup, that’s a lot of asses in one sentence. Wait a sec, did you guys took a shower together? Without me?”