Chapter 23

SAMUEL

"We can trust no one, get it?"

The hint of darkness glinting inside his eyes was unmistakable, the toxic anger inside of him shooting up like sparks and he looked more desirable by the minutes. He really didn't want to disappoint me, I guess.

"We're in this together, babe."

"I've got nothing to lose anyway."

"I'm sure she'll be easy to persuade, Sammy. Leave it up to me." He took a quick glance at his wristwatch and then leaned over to give me a quick peck on my cheek as I sat waiting by the driver's seat, ready to just start the engine and go in case anything bad might happen.

"You'll know what to do right? Let us go over this again..."

He pulled up the hoodie over his head and gave me that smoldering gaze that lasted a few seconds, with no spoken words required. Sometimes, I believe I might develop some sort of telepathy with him by my side thus we exchange much without much effort to convey our own intentions. I suppose he brought out nothing but the best in me when most of everyone I knew would rather just leave me behind to fend for myself.

He's my family now and so does Edna. She'll be saved, that's for sure.

"Go and do your thing then! Don't disappoint me okay?"

He stuck his tongue out at me which made his childish dimples grew more prominent, while nodding at my instructions loud and clear. He rubbed his palms together and took a deep breath before he threw the side door open and disappeared into the house that belongs to the one and only albino kid in town.

I chose to be behind the wheels because I need to make sure that everything will be running smoothly, according to plan. I won't ever admit that I have any controlling issues so you can blame that on my dearly departed mother instead. I like to be on top of things, just that others won't fail me just like what she did. My foreign family back in Europe seems ever so distant over the dispute of her wealth and fashion empire but I couldn't give a flying shit about them. I don't need them. My real family's here and I'm here to stay.

It won't take long anyways.

His job was simple. He's required to convince the target to join him for an escapade and flee, as far away from the psychopathic killer's grasp who just happened to be her own father.

Blood runs thicker than water and that's nothing but bullshit. I'm sure as hell she would want nothing else to do with that man. The terror he had unleashed upon this town wouldn't compare to the disappointment that he had casted on her. She will complete her transition soon and the world can welcome the newly improved, born-again boy named William Nelinski.

I parked right in front of their house, everything else has been sorted out yesterday. She would love to travel along, and if need be her bf can tag along. Jer insisted that he should be here with me to carry out the rest of the plan but his demands didn't matter. The two hot-blooded American teenagers needed to be chaperoned so him being here for support is obviously out of the question.

I wish I could join them to go to Bangkok but it was rather a rushed intuition.

They'll be just fine, once I know they're safe and sound all the way across the world then I can carry on in setting the next plan in motion. To be honest, I'm quite impressed with the way my own brain works sometimes. It scares me at night, having a twisted fantasy that I will be the worst, baddest person in town, feared more than that killer and I'd be totally fearless, regardless of me signing a contact with Death to come knocking at my doorsteps anytime in the future.