Chapter 19

WYATT

"I didn't know you have them fine moves."

"There's a lot about you didn't know, bro. So just watch and learn."

I swear these two couldn't get any cuter than this. I didn't feel like third-wheeling at all, which was fine by me. Duncan invited himself to join us to the park today. His reason was simple enough: he was so unbelievably bored. I didn't want to pry any further than needed but I could've guessed the real reason from a mile away. It was written all over his face.

Will on the other hand was complaining more and more with his presence.

Duncan would turn a blind eye and ignored what little retorts thrown at him from the other dude, it was comical at its best. They could deny it all they want but yeah it's clear as day.

"Will, for your information the more you compliment him the bigger his ego will be."

"Oh shush." He was doing some basic break dancing moves for the last ten minutes with no pause in between so his ragged breaths is finally catching up to him. "Where's your amazing bf at anyway?"

"I wanna spend some more time with my buddies, he won't mind."

"He's out of town again?"

"No need to ask him, Will. We all know the answer already. He wants the D so bad."

Will decided to push him while he was too preoccupied with his single hand-stand, showing off some more tricks with the balancing act. He pulled a silly, hurt face at the both of us so Will pushed him down on the grass once again after he tried to push himself up. The two had been dealing better around each other over the sweltering, summery days so far. College days will ensue in a few more weeks and neither one of us would be too excited for it. Will need another year to finish with his GCSEs and his future was still undetermined. I wouldn't know what to do apart from giving up if I were ever in his shoes...

"Dunk, stop trying to act all macho around Will."

"Wait, am I really giving that vibe around you?"

Will didn't feel like answering but then flipped him a bird instead, laughing his restrained chuckle. The DC snapback looked good on him with his long, silky golden hair — tucked in neatly underneath — glistened once in a while upon each contact with the rich, warm glow of the great fiery ball above.  

"You're so goddamn conceited. Who would ever fall for you?"

"Are you talking to me or to my awesome guns?"

He was intentionally flexing both his arms up and down right after he stood up from the embarassing drop. He was teasing way too hard but who knows? It might work a little bit more every time he did it in front of the slim, golden-haired boy. Their average size gap was more than compatible, Duncan was complementary in his stocky and muscular, taller build as compared to Will's leaner more fragile frame.  

"Don't be too self-conscious okay? You're great just the way you are, you know."

"I don't need to be if you would please stop being too fucking vain for once."

"Nice one, Will." I coughed up at him then gave him a high-five while my other best friend looked at us as if we had been plotting so much behind his back.

"Have you ever seen those guys on Tumblr and shit? Now that's vain!"

"You're becoming more or less like them, so what's the diff right?"