United

Hera, Kanan, Zeb, and Chopper, look over Ezra on his medical bed. The doctor said he would do one of two things, recover, and be on his feet within a week, or die, and Hera wouldn't take the second one as an answer. Ezra was unsightly, with tubes that ran down his nose and his throat, his life support, Ezra was grasping at straws, this is his last chance. He had a week left before they hooked him off life support, and let him pass Hera looks at his IV drip, she would dread it when they push a small injection into his drip and put him to sleep. Hera eventually falls asleep, staying awake for three days take its toll, Kanan was still asleep, and so was Zeb, but Chopper was still operational, acting as Ezra's guardian angel.

   Sabine enters the hospital room, looking at Ezra, she felt a deep depression, this sight broke her heart, she didn't think that he would be in this bad of shape, Sabine pulls the roller stool up to Ezra's hospital bed and sits down, Sabine reaches forward and grabs Ezra's hand, holding it, entwining her fingers into the spaces between his hand, Sabine cries, the tears run down her face and fall onto Ezra's right hand, Sabine lifts Ezra's hand and whispers, "please, wake up," Sabine sobs, engulfed in her grief, Sabine lays her pistol on the table, loading a special cartridge in it, Sabine knew she had a one in six chance of either dying, or living. Sabine lifts the pistol and sets it in her mouth, she closes her eyes and pulls the trigger, click, she places the pistol back in her holster, still sobbing, Sabine lifts Ezra's hand again, and weakly pleads "please, wake up," her voice was barely a whisper, she lifts Ezra's hand, and sobs once again.

   Sabine sits for what feels like hours until she wakes up to something touching her. Sabine shakes her head, thinking she was delusional, Sabine looks at her hand, still entwined within the spaces between Ezra's fingers, Sabine watches as Ezra's fingers slowly entwine around hers, Sabine tightens her grip and whispers to him again "please, wake up, please Ezra," Sabine holds on tight, waiting impatiently, her prayers were answered as Ezra's eyes slowly opened. 

   Ezra looks at Sabine and shakes his head, he must be dreaming, but when he sees her tears, and he sees her hand that was holding his, he realizes that Sabine was there right in front of him. Ezra's grip tightens, and his voice was shaky "is that you Bean?" Sabine nods her head quickly and repeatedly "yeah, it's me," Ezra reaches up and pulls the tubes out of his nose, and jerks the IV out of his arm. Ezra was completely unaware of the pain, wearing a hospital dress, Ezra stands up and wraps his arms around Sabine, hugging her tightly. Each of them cries their fair share of tears until Ezra lets go, Ezra walks towards the restroom and changes out of the hospital dress, and back into his clothes. Ezra walks out without a shirt, his last one was completely soiled Sabine looks at the small scar that was left where he had been stabbed, Sabine walks close up to him and smells the scent of cashiack tree, Sabine smiles "bacta treatment?" Ezra looks at the scar "bacta patch," Sabine takes Ezra by the hand, "come on Ezra, I've already been registered again in the rebellion, I quit the consortium," Ezra smiles "I knew you would," Sabine tightens her grip on Ezra "come on now, no reason to keep waiting for them to wake up," Ezra follows her back inside the stronghold, and towards their rooms.

   Ezra sensed Sabine's fear, she was fearful of something, but Ezra didn't want to bring it up, he just wanted them to spend a little time together. Ezra and Sabine walk into her room, and Ezra feels a strong disturbance and looks at Sabine's arm, she had been rubbing a place in her arm ever since he'd been conscience, Ezra quickly pulls her to him and rolls up her sleeve, Sabine reacts "EZRA! NO!" Ezra looks, there was a chunk of flesh missing from her arm, Ezra knew it immediately, she'd been branded, Ezra grits his teeth and shouts "you let them brand you!?" Sabine cries "i'm so sorry Ezra, I couldn't stop them, it happened too quickly," Ezra turns Sabine around and looks at her neck, sure enough, there was a branding there too. Ezra turns her around again and his face turns from rage into remorse, Sabine was looking into his eyes, his complexion was blurred by her tears. Sabine cries, expecting him to berate her, Sabine found herself surprised that Ezra simply kisses the top of her head and tilts her chin up "I'll help you remove this one," Sabine turns around and reaches into her boot, pulling out her knife, Sabine hands it to Ezra. Ezra slowly cuts the small chunk of skin off of her neck, blood runs onto the gauze Ezra placed underneath her neck, Ezra pours a special powder onto the hole, near-instantly, the hole closes up and the wound is cauterized. Sabine looks Ezra in the eyes "I'm yours now," Ezra places his hand gently on her cheek and lightly brushes the hair away from her face "you always were my Sabine, and you always will be my Sabine," Sabine's eyes soften "you're my boyfriend Ezra, I hope you know that I will love you forever," Ezra leans down "I know, and all it took was a little pain to get you to admit it," Sabine stands on the tops of her feet and wraps her arms around Ezra's neck, kissing him, Ezra kisses her back, until she pulls away "time to go to bed, Ezra, I'll talk to you in the morning my love," Ezra turns around and opens the door, but stops halfway out, "and Sabine," Sabine turns "yeah?" Ezra looks her in the eyes "I love you," Sabine smiles "I love you too Ezra," Ezra smiles and closes the door behind him.

   Sabine falls to the floor crying, she didn't know how long she could lie to him like this, she let him see that little branding, but that wasn't even the worst part. Sabine sobs as she lets her jumpsuit fall to the ground, Sabine walks to the mirror and stands in front of it, looking at the massive tattoo that was on her stomach, Sabine looks at the damned thing, it was a tattoo of the consortium symbol, Sabine stares, barely noticing Hera walking up behind her. Sabine turns her head "what should I do?" Hera shakes her head "there's not much you can do, except have it lasered off," Sabine knows that Hera can see the huge scars on her back from where the Yaujta attacked her. Sabine knows that Ezra wouldn't see it unless she took her shirt off, Sabine knew she would be safe to remove the tattoo, for now.

   Well, guys that's a wrap, Heh, didn't know I'd make it this far you know, don't think it's over though, volume two will be out as soon as I have it wrote, I hope you guys enjoyed this first volume, and may the force be with you... always. :)