Hunter's Prey

Sabine's former instructor lifts his hand in a fist, everyone knew the signal, stop. Sabine crouches down and lifts her rifle, Sarge lifts two fingers and points them in the direction of the jungle ahead. Kel-Darr stands up with his brother Khal-Darr, the two of them continue forward until they turn around and wave at their companions. All soldiers stand and come forward, as soon as they travel a short distance, they come to a swamp, Khal turns to Sarge "what now?" Sarge breathes out heavily "we go through it," Kel moves over to his brother, "the swamp is too deep for the girls, you need to carry Mona," Khal walks over to Mona and bends down, letting her sit on his shoulders. Kel moves over to Sabine "come on now, you'll sink in the center, and there will be nothing we can do to save you," Sabine reluctantly wraps her arms around Kel's neck, and wraps her legs around his waist. Kel nods at Sarge "MOVE OUT!" shouts Sarge, as everyone makes their way through the swamp.

   The Hunter watches his prey carefully through his infrared goggles. He was here to kill people/species of his strength, he's ready to strike, that is until he spots a special treat. An adolescent, female, Mandalorian, his Yautja species valued the heads of these brave warriors greatly, this wasn't a normal hunter, this was a Predator. He kills for sport, he has killed before, he will kill again.

   The 5th Beta group shores up and continues their trek towards the rendezvous point, the Beta group was meant to strike with all of their force, to break the imperial hold on this province of Felucia. Sabine ducks when she hears explosions, followed by a secondary explosion, Sabine's ribs rattle. Sarge knows that it's the Consortium artillery softening up the advance of the empire's stormtroopers, Sarge smiles "let's make it there double-time soldiers, we are the best are we not?" Sabine's squad raises their fists "HELL YEAH!" Sabine's friends continue forward until there's a break in the road. Sarge sulks as he looks at the break "well shit,"  Sarge turns to his soldiers "ladies and gentlemen, we are screwed, Khal and Sabine, you two go left, Kel and Leshah go right, I'll wait here with Mona," Sabine walks with Khal-Darr down the left side of the road, each one wanting to live as much as the other.

   The Predator watches the duo from the trees, he silently jumps from tree to tree, ready to strike them down, he has set up traps ahead, all he has to do is to wait for one of them to step in, and he will dispatch the other one quickly enough.

   Sabine looks at Khal, "does your brother have any affection for me?" Khal grunts "no Sabine, he doesn't, he likes you differently because he sees himself in you, he sees you're lost in some ways, and he wants to help you," Sabine nods her head "well..." Sabine couldn't finish her sentence before something snags her feet and pulls her up, Sabine shouts as she dangles upside down, Khal smells the air before throwing his rifle to his side and drawing his machete "show yourself!" he shouts before scanning his surroundings. Khal looks up at Sabine and freezes, a large creature stands with knives extended from gauntlets on his arm, The creature slashes at Sabine, while she moves wildly through the air, Sabine's jacket tears, and falls to the ground, along with her blast-resistant vest, Sabine feels the two large blades tear into her back and rip through her flesh, Sabine screams as she reaches into her tank top and grabs onto the metal piece she kept just under her ribcage, her suicide vest, Sabine crushes the clingy explosive into the beast's chest, The Predator tries in vain to remove the bomb. Blood drips from Sabine's back and slowly streams onto her arms and face, Sabine switches from Basic to Mandalorian, screaming three words "HAIL CLAN VISLA!" the second Sabine speaks the phrase, the bomb explodes, killing The Predator.

   Sabine falls to the ground, falling on her back, she breaks a few ribs and is temporarily paralyzed, drops of glowing green blood fall to the ground and covers Sabine's body, Khal rushes over to Sabine and picks her up, throwing her over his shoulder. Five scout troopers rush around the corner, Khal lifts his rifle and fires at them one-handed, Sabine grunts in pain, while Khal starts running. Sabine lifts her pistol and kills the remaining three scout troopers, Khal runs back to the split in the road with Sabine, Sarge grabs and lowers her gently to the ground, brushing the hair out of her eyes "Wren? Wren?! can you hear me, Wren?" Sabine's eyes flutter open, her skin was turning white from blood loss, Mona flips Sabine onto her stomach, tearing what was left of her tank top, and unstrapping her bra. Mona presses gauze into her wound, trying her best to stop the bleeding, Mona places medical tape on the wound, as Kel and Leshah return from their split in the road, Mona reclips Sabine's bra, as they come through. Kel bends down and picks Sabine up, cradle carrying Sabie through the left split of the road, Sarge follows closely, "where are we going?" Kel continues running, "the base is this way, she needs medical attention and fast," Sarge continues, dumbfounded, "she's going to be fine Kel," Kel couldn't be so certain though. 

   Ezra nods his head, Hera was waving him off, smiling, "I'll be contacting you regularly Ezra, I hope you stay safe," Ezra boards the ramp, he sits down on the right row of seats, ready with his brothers in arms. Lupa looks at Ezra "you look a little sad buddy," Ezra turns to Lupa "I feel shitty right now," Lupa turns "girl troubles?" Ezra shakes his head "somewhat," Lupa chuckles, "well, look at it this way, once we cap some imps, you'll feel much better," Ezra looks away, he knew that there was only one person who could make him feel even relatively better. 

                                           Several days later

   Sabine stands at attention, her dress uniform was clean-cut, as she walks into Tyber's office "corporal Wren reporting for duty sir," Tyber looks up at Sabine "I have a special assignment for you, Miss Wren," Sabine nods "and?" Tyber smiles "you will be raiding a space station rotating around Byss, you and your squad will need all of the help you can get, therefore, I have developed a special suit just for you," Sabine smiles "of course you did," Tyber returns to his files, "it'll fit you like a glove, and no clunky vest this time," Sabine nods before turning away and leaving the room.

   Ezra stands at attention, his battle gear was riddled with blast marks, and dirt from his rough battles, Ezra turns to his sergeant "where to now boss?" Will smiles at Ezra "we're heading home Bridger, we just need to make a quick stop at a space station circling Byss, then we go back to Lothal," Ezra smiles. Lothal sounded nice right about now, and he was tired. Ezra couldn't help but wish that he would get to see Sabine soon, but only time would tell.

      Not much to say about this story, except it was just a crossover with star wars rebels, and the predator, hope you guys enjoyed. :)