Go Hard or Go Home

Weeks had went by since Ezra had his mental breakdown. Ezra had recently  joined an elite unit of rebels who specialize in breaking into strongholds and homes of high value Imperial officers, and eliminating threats. In this group, Ezra found a brotherhood,he had formed a pact with these men, they counted him as one of their own, and they never left a good man behind.

   Ezra stood second in line for the entrance to the imperial officer's home. In front of him was th squad leader, behind him were two other members, and two more stood across from them, ready to go. The soldier behind Ezra leaned forward and whispered in his ear "are you ready Ezra?" Ezra looked behind him and smiled "ready as i'll ever be," the soldier's name was Lupa. Lupa went back into his bent knees combat position and said to no one directly "time to go hard or go home," at this signal, all soldiers zipped up their black jackets, flipped down their tinted riot masks and nodded. The soldier directly across from them pulled up a battering ram and beat the door in with a bang. Instantly, all five men were in the door, two of them grabbed the soldiers guarding the door by the helmet and pushed a knife in their throat. Ezra continued quickly up the steps with Rico and Will. Since Will was the squad leader, he went first, followed by Ezra, then Rico. As Lupa and Jeff cleared the bottom floor, Ezra rushed towards the officer's bedroom and smashed the door in, using the force. What he saw would change that night forever.

   Sabine stood in the middle of the floor with her hands on her hips, and the imperial officer and his family tied up on the floor. Sabine smiled at Ezra and nodded at the commander "guess you guys will think next time before rejecting a girl in your squad," said Sabine looking at the other members "you let my boyfriend join, but not me. Shame on you fellows," Ezra walked forward slowly and touched Sabine's shoulder "that's not something i've ever heard you call me," Sabine cringed as she realized her mistake, but Ezra was all too happy to think about that "we'll talk about this later" said Ezra as he walked back towards Will. Sabine looked at their commander "i have him ready to be taken away," said Sabine, still with a look of triumph on her face, Will and Ezra exchanged weary glances, the other three soldiers tied the officer to a chair while Will walked over to Sabine, and crouched down to look her in the eyes "these men are here because they have strong stomachs," Sabine noticed his heavy Irish accent and swallowed. Will stood up and looked Sabine in the eyes "let's hope you have the same," Will walked over to the officer and asked him questions, he started with normal questions, his name, his family's name, ID number, and etc, then they got to the real stuff. Troop movements, base locations, secret weapons productions, each time he refused, his punishment got worse , first it was slaps, then punches. Punches turned to a broken finger, then two broken fingers, then a broken wrist. By the time it was all over, he had one broken wrist, two broken fingers, he had been cut, shocked, and beaten. Sabine felt tears in her eyes, and it wasn't because she felt sorry for him, it was because she could never in her life imagine such pain. Finally, Will stood up and drew a pistol, Will turned towards Ezra and stared him in the eyes "Ezra  m'boy, shield  'er eyes," Ezra walked over to Sabine and turned her to him, until her face was buried in his chest. Sabine heard nothing more than one shot, and the sound of flowing liquid.

   Ezra moved Sabine away from the are as three more shots rang out, Sabine knew what they had done no witnesses thought Sabine as Ezra took her back to base and let her cry the whole time. Ezra was worried for Sabine "what's wrong Bine?" asked Ezra. Sabine slowly looked up at Ezra and stared him in the eyes "why did they do that to him and his family?" asked Sabine as they continued to walk. Ezra was silent "they're no better than the empire," said Sabine before crying again. Ezra kept his arm around Sabine as he replayed all of the recent events in his mind.

   Sabine woke up in the morning feeling refreshed, Ezra had used his strong connection to the force to bring her comfort. Sabine began her morning routine, without a thought of last night's events, until there was knock on her door. Sabine had a half mind to yell and tell them to leave, until she realized that it might be Ezra "enter!" shouted Sabine, while she still stood in front of the mirror. Ezra walked into the room half awake and put his arm around her "you good?" asked Ezra before sitting down on her bed, Sabine turned to Ezra and stared at him for a second "you haven't been talking to me much," Ezra looked hurt "neither have you," Sabine stared at Ezra "you're the guy, i thought you're supposed to make the moves?" Ezra looked at Sabine and laughed "not always Sabine," Sabine walked over to Ezra and felt of the hair on his face "you need to shave Ezra," said Sabine smiling at Ezra. Ezra looks at the mirror and notices the slowly growing hair "nah, i'll be fine Sabine," Sabine sits him in front of her mirror and stares at him "i'll do it for you if you want me to Ezra," Ezra looks at Sabine and blinks before breathing out hard "what's the worst that could happen?" asked Ezra before sitting down. While Sabine was going through drawers to try and find a safety razor, she felt curious "Ezra why don't you shave yourself?" Ezra turns to Sabine "because i never had a father to show me how," Sabine felt an overcoming wave of depression before sitting on her knees behind Ezra. Sabine carefully moved the razor across Ezra's face, and was finished within five minutes "now that wasn't so bad was it?" asked Sabine before laying down the razor. Ezra still sat down and felt of his face, Sabine smiled "i can do your chest if you want me too," Ezra looked nervous "i can do yours if you want ME to," Sabine looked away for a moment and Ezra backtracked "i'm sorry Sabine it was just a snappy comeback, i didn't think about it until i had said it," Sabine smiled before walking back over to Ezra and sitting down beside him "at least you apologized," Ezra looked down before standing up "there's no need to shave my chest," Sabine tilts her head to the side "and why's that?" Ezra turned to Sabine and lifted his shirt off to reveal a large burn mark that covered his entire chest and mid-section. Sabine gasps before Ezra puts his shirt back on, "when we were on another mission, a stormtrooper came around a corner with a flamethrower, and i took the full blow to my chest," Sabine stands up and walks over to Ezra "did you try a bacta treatment?" Ezra nods "once a week," Sabine grabs the edge of Ezra's shirt and begins to lift it off, Ezra didn't stop her. Sabine looked at the mark, it was ugly, but it was another testimony to his valor. Sabine smiles "why is it always you that gets hurt?" asked Sabine, before grabbing his hand and holding it to her heart, Sabine placed her other had on Ezra's heart and felt the quick beats. Sabine reaches up, and wraps her hand on the back of Ezra's neck and pulls him down into a passionate and loving kiss. Then all hell breaks loose as Zeb opens the door.

   Zeb walks in and sees Ezra's bare and scarred back and Sabine's mouth against Ezra's neck and laughs so hard that he cries  "come on guys, don't get all mushy like this anymore, Hera's already on your case and you'll be dead if she finds you guys doing something like this, not to mention that Chopper has video evidence, and he wants ransom. I bid you a goodbye," Sabine and Ezra stared at each other "time to break Chopper," says Ezra putting his shirt back on and wiping Sabine's makeup off of his face, Ezra looks in the mirror one more time, admiring Sabine's work. Ezra then turns to Sabine and flips a credit in her direction "good job, i'll be seeing you next week," said Ezra winking as he left.

   I hope you guys enjoyed the story, please leave some suggestions if you feel like it, and may the force be with you always. :) this story was made possible by roboknightprime