A Proposal of Sorts

J.D . POV

After breakfast I helped Aspyn clean up and do dishes. We got her clothes dry and put away and I packed her suitcases into the attic. Despite what she might think she will no longer be needing them. I was gonna make a proposal that this lil girl couldn't refuse. Mainly because I wouldn't let her. I decided to take her for a walk around the farms and show her where everything was and what it is I do around here. We were in the horse stables and she was petting my prize race horse at the moment.

"Aspyn I wanna talk to you about something. "

" Okay, talk. I'm listening. "

" Look I know your running from something and I know you have no money to your name. At least none your willing to claim. I do know your from a family that's well off. I can tell by the perfumes and shampoos you use. My ex used those brands and they were outrageous. No one without a life of privilege could afford those."

" So what are you saying?"

" I'm saying I know you left behind a home where obviously you were provided with everything you could want as far as material items go so things must have been bad otherwise you wouldnt have left a home where you were taken care of. Not to mention the bruises I saw on you. But I don't care.

I'm not going to ask you any questions and will only discuss what you want to tell me. But I figure your used to a certain way of life that I can provide for you. As for me I need a woman in my life. I'm not looking for love but I am looking for a confidant and for someone to stand by my side at all events and for comfort.

I'm looking for the benefits of a relationship without the responsibility one has in a relationship. In return I will pay you very well for this public charade and provide you with everything your used to having. But I'll also provide you with safety and security. "

" So you want me to hang on your arm in public and I'm assuming when you say comfort you mean to warm your bed at night and you will pay for my services? Huh really, do I look like a prostitute to you or do you think that because I'm down on my luck that I'll be one for you?"

" Oh come off your high horse doll. I don't think nothing of the sort but more like friends with benefits. One I wouldn't force you into sex. If it's something your not comfortable with then take it off the table until your comfortable with it. But I can't just go out here and do random hookups because if I did the broad would sell the story to whatever trash magazine would buy it. So I'm looking for someone I trust to fill those needs and I'll fill theirs but I just can't do the whole I love you and put a ring on the finger type thing. I've done that before and I got played. So I won't do it again. But I don't want to be alone but I don't want to be with any of these gold diggers either. I want to be with someone who is genuine and that I can at least care about as a friend and for some reason I find that to be you. Just think on it Aspyn and answer me later. "

" Whatever J.D."

With that she stomped her cute lil ass back towards the house and I gladly watched her leave. She would see in the end once she got passed the tantrum she was throwing that this arrangement wasn't a bad one. I mean honestly it would be like dating except there was no chance of heading towards the altar at the end of it.

Silly women. They always wanna jump to their soapbox and play insulted when the truth came their way. Well I'm not a guy with patience so that Lil habit would have to stop for her. I finished filling up the troth and gave instructions to the hands and then decided to go for a drive.