striking a deal

J.D. POV

Walking into the house Aspyn kept her blanket clutched tightly around her. I could see that she was scared and uncertain of being around me thanks to my earlier outburst. I took her bags to the utility room since they were wet. I walked back into the kitchen finding her where I had left her.

"I'm sure your clothing is wet in your bags so we can dry them and I'll get you something to sleep in for tonight. Come on up stairs and we can get you settled."

" Okay. Thank you J.D."

I nodded to her and turn to walk up the stairs and she followed me stopping outside my bedroom door. I walked on in respecting her decision to not come the rest of the way in. I walked to the dresser finding her an old college t-shirt of mine and a pair of boxers that I'm sure would fall off her petite waist.

" Here you are darlin these should suffice for tonight. "

" These will do just fine. I appreciate all you have done and I'm sorry for all the trouble I have caused you."

" No apologies Aspyn. You have done nothing to be sorry for but I have. I want to make an apology to you for the outburst I had earlier. It was rude and very uncalled for. You will come to find that I have a bit of grouchy way about me and can be quite crass sometimes."

" Well tomorrow I will be gone so it won't even matter but your apology is welcomed and you are more than forgiven."

" I don't think you should leave tomorrow Aspyn. I think you should take some time to clear your head and figure out what it is you want and where you want to go. My home is open to you for as long as you like. Do as you please around here and treat it as your own. Don't rush into leaving."

" I couldn't impose that way..."

" You can stay willingly or I will force you but either way I won't have no woman leaving here with no where to go and only a couple suitcases to make it on. When you sit under that tree darlin you made me responsible for you and that's that."

" Okay fair enough. I will gladly take your offer but would like a chance to earn my way until I figure something out. I take nothing for free and will not be someone's charity case. "

I walked up close to her why I don't know but I moved forward until I felt her chest pushed into me and heard her breath hitch in her throat, " Oh your no charity case darlin believe that and you'll earn your way. I've yet to figure out how but you will. Now rest your head sweet girl we rise early around here."

" Your an arrogant man aren't you?"

" Your a feisty one underneath that soft spoken exterior aren't you? I look forward to seeing just how far that goes."

" Sure you do, darlin. Goodnight."

She walked away with a smile after using my pet name against me and went on to her room. I swear I don't know where that flirting came from but I couldn't help it but I was shocked that she reciprocated the flirtation back. She was such a beautiful girl and the fact that she didn't know that

made me want to show her even more.

I was headed for trouble and I knew it but I wasn't gonna turn back. I would push this till I couldn't push it anymore and then I would just push harder. I needed a woman in my life. Not for love as much for company. I needed someone to take to events with me and stand by my side in the public eye. I needed a warm body and hers would be perfect.

Aspyn POV

I walked into what would be my room during my stay here and dressed for bed throwing my wet clothes over the tub to dry out. I pulled back the expensive duvet on his bed and climbed in. The sheets were soft and cool against my skin which made me want to snuggle deep into them.

I realized how tired I was and sore my body felt until i laid down and allowed myself to finally rest. I don't know why but for the first time since I left home I felt safe. Safer than I have my entire life actually and I was treasuring this feeling. Although I was shocked by J.D.'s change in behaivior. His flirting caught me off guard at first but I was more than happy to give it back to him just to throw him off his own game.

He is a very strange man from what I'm used to. One minute he's quite and rigid and the next he's using pet names and acting like he cares. Now he was being flirty. I wonder how many more versions of J.D. I was gonna meet.