Not One to be Pushed Around

Aspyn

We're now only two days from the ball and I couldn't be more excited. Actually I'm more excited to leave town with JD then anything. I had picked out my dress and accessories and scheduled all necessary appointments. I felt as though I was preparing for wedding. That was the level of excitement I was on.

Today we were tying up loose ends around the farm and being the house was as clean as it could possibly be I donated my time to the outdoor work. I was cleaning out the horses stalls when J.D. came walking in.

"And just what are you doing out here? Isn't there something in the house you could be getting done? Or work at the store?"

" Well, my little ray of sunshine I asked Tommy what I could do to help and he gave me a list and I'm doing it. For every minor chore I do that's another hand available to get the big stuff done."

" Aspyn I thank you for that but you know nothing of the farm life and how to work it. You could get hurt."

" J.D. you don't know what I did before I came here."

" Well beings you just brought it up who were you before you came here and what did you do and why were you running when I found you?"

" I grew up on a ranch. I worked along side the hands. I am Aspyn and it doesn't matter why I ran."

"It matters to me!"

"Why?! Are you gonna send me back? Does it determine how you feel about me?! Why?! Why does it matter J.D.?!"

" Because it does damnit! No it won't change what I feel for you no more than it stops this from being your home! I would never send you back but I have a right to know who I'm letting in MY life!"

"Your right you do. But I can't give you that information right now. I'm ashamed and I'm embarrassed and I'm scared of my past!"

"Why are you scared Aspyn? What happened?! I'm tired of not knowing!"

Seeing that this conversation wasn't going to end I decided to just walk away. I needed to think. I need to gather my thoughts and figure out how to tell him my truth. I was hoping he would just accept me as a girl who just showed up out of no where with no story to tell but it wouldn't be that easy. Especially with J.D.

As I began to walk past him he reached out and grabbed my arm jerking me to him. These moments no longer phased because the brute always used his size against me. Throwing me over his shoulder or jerking me to him whenever he saw fit.

"Not this time Aspyn! You don't get to keep running every time you see fit to do so. You have to learn to be accountable for things. You have to learn to face things no matter how difficult."

" Excuse me! Who the hell do you think you are?! I have been held accountable my whole life for my actions and others. I don't just run when things get hard J.D.!"

" If that's the case then how did you end up here?!"

" Because she's hiding from her father."

Startled we both turned to see Alecia standing in the doorway of the stables. Gloating with whatever newfound information she had just become privy to.

"You see my darling J.D. she isn't some damsel in distress as you thought she was but instead she's the daughter of Curtis Tyler the Mayor of Smyrna, Tennessee. She's just a spoiled little rich girl trying to punish daddy for not giving her her way and running away like a child having a tantrum."

" Shutup you Bitch! You don't know squat about me or why I'm here!"

" So your saying your not Mayor Tyler's daughter?"