I love Her Laugh

JD POV

     While waiting for Kalin's plane to land I decided to take Aspyn to the zoo. I figured we could walk and talk and just spend a quiet day.  It was probably a childish place to be but I just wanted to be with her with no distractions at all. I watched as she took in everything around her.

     We laughed and joked around and took selfies that she insisted were necessary to have.  I will say I enjoyed the picture when kissed my cheek for a pose. We're now walking through the indoor part of the zoo that was set up like the rain forest. It was beautiful and she looked beautiful standing in it.

     "JD?"

     "Yes ma'am."

     "What's wrong? You seem so far away."

     "Nothings wrong, I'm right here with you darlin."

     "You've seemed off today JD.  It's the videos isn't it?  You'll never be able to look at me the same will you?  I'm weak in your eyes now."

     "What?!," I pulled her to me wrapping my arms around her waist, "Baby, I could never think that. If anything I only see you  stronger than I thought you were.  And if anything has changed in the way I feel it's the need to protect you even more than before. I don't overreact to things Aspen and I feed into things more than I should. You should know this. I base my life on what's happening at that moment. As of right now I have a beautiful women in my arms who's body I'd like to ravish in every way imaginable. That is all I'm thinking of."

     She leaned in and kissed my lips slightly.  I pulled back looking into those beautiful eyes of hers and decided I needed to tell her the truth of why Kalin was coming to the banquet.

    "Look, Aspen we need to talk."

    "About?"

    "About why my friend is coming to stay with us and attend this banquet.  I want you to hear me out and try not to react to what I'm saying until you've given it some thought."

   "Okay, go ahead and tell me. I promise not to overreact or get upset or whatever."

    "I wouldn't make that promise just yet."

    "JD just tell me, please."

    "Okay here it is. There's a good chance and I mean a very good chance that your father will be at this banquet tomorrow. Kalin is coming in because he's a very special kind of friend of mine. He tends to teeter on the edge of good and bad and walks a very fine line while doing so. He's the guy you go to when you need something or someone handled. Anyone who is any position of wealth and power knows Kalin and his family.

     They can be very dangerous and only when your on the wrong side of their loyalty.  We know that when we attend that should your father be there or his men that he will spot you and come for you. When that happens were going to be ready with our guys to intervene on your behalf and make sure your father knows that you are no longer his concern and that he will never see you again. We will do this by any means necessary."