A Much Needed Break

JD POV

It was the day before the banquet and I was lying in bed thinking of the video I had watched of Aspyn and her mother. I felt rage consume me once again as I thought of what I had seen. That man was gonna pay and Aspyn would see justice one way or another. I had a few contacts of some not so legit people myself and I was gonna put those contacts to use.

I won't have her living in constant fear of that man and the chance that he might find her. As I laid there continuing to think about everything I heard my door creak open. I looked up to see the beautiful girl who abruptly came into my life sneaking through the door. Her mass of curls falling all around her and framing her gorgeous face. She wore the t-shirt of mine that I had given her the first night she was here.

"JD did I wake you?"

"No darlin."

"I'm sorry for barging in but I just wanted to be near you."

"Come on darlin. Climb in bed. I'll hold you."

There was no telling her twice as she came walking lightly across the floor and climbed straight in. She lay her mass of black curls across my bare chest and wrapped her dainty little arm around my waist. I held her tightly as we just laid relishing in one another's company.

I tipped my head down and kissed the top of her head pulling back slowly and taking in the scent of her hair. I rubbed small circles on her back as she laid there. It wasn't long after this I heard soft snoring coming from her. She must not have slept well after having to relive such a tragedy yesterday. I knew the farm was in good hands so I just decided to sleep in with her. Today we would take a break from everything and just enjoy the company of one another.

I needed to hear her laugh and see her smile. Seeing her cry yesterday still haunts me and it's a sight I don't want to see again. I don't know how long I laid there before I drifted off but when I woke back up Aspyn was still sleeping sound. I took that moment as a chance to put a plan into action.

I eased from underneath her aade a phone call to an associate of mine that I had met years ago when I had needed somethings taken care of. Kalin Combs was a man who lived a certain way of life and made his money in a more forcefully way. He knew anyone who was worth knowing and he lived for black mail and sometimes worse

"Hello, Kalin speaking."

"Kalin, this is JD Lance. How are you?"

"JD! I'm good my friend very good. So how is the one man I respect doing?"

I laughed, "I'm doing alright."

"So I hear you finally got rid of that skank you were going to marry?"

"Yeah she's gone and living with some old rich man."

"So do you have anyone new?"

"Well I've met a girl but she's in some trouble and I need to help her out. She's a good girl she really is but she's in danger I'm afraid."

"In danger? Is she worth the trouble let of helping?"

"She's very worth it."

"Then what can I do to help JD?"

I told Kalin everything and emailed him copies of the video footage. He watched it while on the phone with me and his reaction was like mine. He ensured me that he would get his guys together and make a plan to get justice for Aspyn and her mother. That being said I told him of the banquet that we had to go to tomorrow and that I was certain her father would probably be there. He has always attended before and I was sure he would again.

Needless to say Kalin was flying out today and was going to join us at the banquet. Together we would give a warning to her father. It would be on him what we did after that. Once the arrangements were made I decided to wake Aspyn up and spend the day with her till time to get get Kalin from the airport.

"Aspyn. Aspyn darlin, wake up."

"Ugh nooo."

"Come one pretty girl. Let's go spend the day together."

She popped up and her wild curls were everywhere.

"You mean your going to take off from work?"

"Yes darlin I am. I want you and I to spend some time together and later we have to pick up a friend from the airport. He will be attending the banquet with us tomorrow. Until then I want you and I to go out have good time. We need this Aspyn. We need a break and we need to have some fun."

"I would love to JD! Let me shower and get dressed."

"Okay baby. Don't take forever though. You take so long."

"Oh hush, you try fixing this hair and see how quick your are."

"Good point."

I laughed and watched her take off to the bathroom. Her shirt was still hiked up from where she had tossed and turned giving me a very good view. This girl was was gonna be the death of me if I didn't have her soon.