Walking in Blind

Aspyn POV

He was a beautiful man but intimidating. Even when offering me a place to stay he scared me. As grateful as I am to be able to sleep in doors tonight I really just wanted to run because made me feel extremely uncomfortable.

I know I looked a sight and my bruises were still noticeable. I followed him into the house and prayed that this night would go by fast and he wouldn't ask to many questions. I'm not want to put my business out there and I don't need anyone's pity either.

" Can you hear me?"

" I'm sorry you were sayin?"

" How old are you Miss Tyler? "

" Twenty. I'll be twenty one next month sir. Please call Aspyn sir."

" Alright but you call me J.D."

" Yes sir. I mean J.D."

" This is your room. Mine is next door should you need anything. The bathroom is adjoined between both rooms but I'm a knocker so no worries. I'm going down stairs to prepare dinner so you can settle in and clean up if you like."

" Thank you. I'll see you downstairs then I suppose."

" Yes very well then."

With that he closed the door and went down stairs. I stepped into the spacious bedroom and looked around. It was beautiful. A huge four poster bed adorned the center of the room with a white duvet and gold and white pillows and at the side two nightstands. On the side of the room was a fireplace accompanied by an overstuffed white chair with a gold accent pillow.

Dried flower arrangements were placed about the room and floral sheer curtains hung to the floor. Quite dance for a man I thought but then again the whole house was. I went into the bathroom and drew myself a bath. The water felt so good to my aching body I wasn't sure if I could get back up out of it.

Finally I forced myself up and wrapped a towel around me. I dried my hair into the wild mass of curls that hung close to my waist. I pulled out my mascara and applied it along with a very thin bottom coat of eyeliner to my bottom lids.y cheeks were pink from the sun rays so I left the blush alone. Being biracial I had a nice natural looking tan slightly darker than that of white women when they tan all summer.

Standing at only five foot two and small in build I was very petite. I had curves though so I looked womanly not like a little boy. I put on a pair of blue jeans and cuffed the bottoms and put on my white eyelet lace shirt that had thin straps across the shoulders.

I put on the white sandals that I had packed and made my way down stairs. I walked in to see J.D. frying up food and Tommy dressed up like he was on his way out.

" Uh, Hello."

" Who girl you sure are a beautiful lil thing," Tommy jumped down from the counter and came up to me looking me over. I felt awkward even though he meant no harm.

" Tommy sit down and leave her alone. Have a seat darlin food will be done soon," J.D. smiled at me with perfect teeth blue eyes shining.

" Thank you both. May I help you with anything? "

" No ma'am it's ready for the table now."

We all sit down to eat and I must the fish was amazing. It had been so long since I had eaten anything at all. I savored every bite and painfully ate slowly so as not to look I'll mannered but I wanted to inhale it all if possible.

"You have out done yourself J.D. This is very good."

" Thank you Aspyn. So Aspyn I'm not gonna ask you a bunch of questions and pry into your life but what do you plan to do."

" Well first can you tell me where I am?"

" You mean you don't know where you are? Your in a place about ten minutes from Henderson Kentucky in a place called Zion Kentucky. "

" Thank you. Once money ran out so did my ride on the bus. The driver told me to get off and so i did."

" So what are your plans?"

" I don't know. I really don't other than look for work. If you would please be so kind as to point towards town tomorrow then I will do just that."

" Yes I can do that."

" Thank you. "

" Well kids this has been fun but I got get. Hot date ya know."

" Bye it was nice meeting you."

" Same to you darlin. Bye J.D."

" See ya Tom."

With that Tommy was gone and I was left with J.D. I stood and began clearing plates and cleaning up.

" You dont have to do that. I'll get it."

" It's the least I could do to thank you for your generousity."

" Well since you got this I'm gonna head outside for a bit."

" Okay."

He went out and I was left to myself in his spacious kitchen. I cleaned it up real nice and then headed outside to the front proch. As the sun was setting the country air had cooled off and a nice breeze was blowing thru the wrap around porch. I began to think of my life and the mess it had quickly become.

Within a month I had lost my mother and my father an abusive drunk had bear me till I couldn't take anymore. From the outside in we were the perfect political family and only we knew different. I had know one to turn to in Tennessee. Anyone I knew would have returned me back to him so all I could do was run till I was out of his reach completely.