with open arms

I went up stairs and stopped by the guest room that Aspyn was to stay in. I walked into the room still smelling the perfume she had been wearing. She smelled amazing and the smell wasn't a cheap perfume but an expensive one. Where ever this girl was coming from it was from money not from somewhere cheap.

What would make a girl who obviously was coming from a well off home run away from the comforts of home and into the streets. Unlike the filth that covered her when I first saw her she cleaned up quite nicely. Infact she was gorgeous. Her mocha colored complexion and big dark brown eyes that were shielded with the thickest set of lashes he had ever seen.

He hadn't met a woman that had caught his eye until now not after Alicia who had been a ruthless gold digger and never batted an eye when he put her out. She was his ex fiance and woman that he had built this expensive home for. She had lavishly decorated it going all the way to Lexington just for the fabrics that covered his furniture and beds.

He shook off the memory and began to walk to his room when he heard the roar of thunder and felt it's vibration, "Shit! Aspyn," he cursed as he grabbed the throw blanket from the chair and ran to his truck to go find her.

He had told her to stay on this road and so hopefully that's what she did. He hopped in his Chevy Silverado and sped out to find her. 'Foolish girl running away like that when I had offered her a warm place to stay.' He griped to himself as he drove looking for her.

Finally getting to the Zion Gas Station he pulled over to ask the girls inside if they had seen her. Bursting thru the glass door he scared all the girls inside.

" Oh pipe down will ya. I swear you women scream more than any I know!"

" Well maybe if you didn't always come in like a mad man we wouldn't scream you jerk," Joann a braisin red head in her fifties spoke up.

" Not now Jo I'm looking for someone! Have you seen a little mixed girl about this tall," he said holding his hand to his chest," She has a mass of curls to her waist and big brown eyes her name is Aspyn?"

" You mean that sweet lil thing under that tree out there," Joann pointed to the picnic table outside under a big tree," I asked her to come in and stay dry but she politely declined and asked if she could sit under the tree. That girls been hurt and you can see it in her eyes. What did you do to her and who is she?"

" It wasn't me who did it and none of your business! "

With that he walked out hearing Joann laughing at him like she always did when she riled him up. He ran out to the tree where Aspyn sit with her knees to her chest shaking.

" Aspyn darlin are you okay? Come on run toy truck I got your bags."

" I'm fine. I'll be ok."

" Aspyn dammit don't argue just run!"

"Alright you big brute!"

He smiled big at her calling him a brute and stomping off to the truck. He loved that she wanted nothing from no one but hated it too. He ran back to the truck and thru her soaking wet bags into the back before getting in the front. He jumped in and took notice of wet mass of curls and white shirt that was now see thru. He grabbed the blanket from the back and wrapped it around her tightly rubbing her shoulders as he did.

He reached up and turned the heat on full blast to try and warm her up. Kentucky rain was cold even in July. She finally began to warm up and wasn't shaking near as bad as she had been.

"No more running Aspyn no more. Do you hear me," he knew when he said it that he meant for good she would stay with him but he didn't know how it would work or how he would get it done.

She shook her head in response but decided to not read into his words. Finally he drove off and made his way back home. With Aspyn sitting quietly at his side he wondered just exactly what type of arrangment he could make that would justify her staying with him.