Chapter 1: The Fortune Teller

A monkey jumps around and tugs on a colorful skirt filled with design and embroidery. It was a beautiful morning in Regalo, the birds singing and the laughter of the children could be heard on the streets as they chased each other in the crowds. It truly was a lovely day to go out and have fun. But apparently not everyone was.

The monkey tugged on the skirt again. He usually dances to the music of whichever instruments his master plays. May it be a lute, bagpipe, violin, or flute, whichever. But today his master didn't seem to be in the mood to play music outside her tent and wait for bystanders to toss coins to a pouch or hat that his master had laid on the street. This might be a day that she would attract customers into her tent which to him boring since he won't be doing anything but watch.

"Not now, Shandor," says his master as he continues to tug on the skirt. The monkey looks up at his owner with pitiful eyes. He was bored and wanted to entertain himself. He looks up at his owner again. She was a beautiful gypsy, busy with making herself a new bandanna which has an even more complex design. She seemed discouraged that she hasn't had plenty of customers lately.

The monkey whimpers, "I'm sorry. Perhaps I'll have time later." she says with a reassuring smile. He climbs on the chair and unto her shoulder and watched her fingers move in rhythm. He jumps on the table to grab a banana, "Shandor, please behave yourself." He looks at her emerald eyes which seemed to glitter, "If you want to be of some help to me please behave." He jumps off the table at this. Wanting to have some fun he crawls out of the tent and out into the street. This isn't his first time though. Then he recalls robbing people who had glittering necklaces with huge bright stones and enjoys seeing their owners run after him to get them back. So, he climbs on the stalls and looks out for people with shiny objects.

It wasn't long antil he sees a hooded figure taking out a pouch filled with precious stones. He immediately climbs and runs to the figure. Pickpocketing is a piece of cake, he puffs up his chest in pride and grabbed it successfully. The figure who turned out to be a man shouts tries to grab it back. He taunts him as he moves away from the man and waves the pouch around. He cries in frustration which eventually caught the attention of his companions who tries to help him out. But in vain.

The monkey laughs and starts heading back to the tent. And of course the man and his companions runs after him. He successfully returns to the tent with the men close by.

"Shandor! Where did you go?" shouts the gypsy with her hands in her hips. He trembles at the glare on her face, "Where did you get?!" she says seeing a pouch in his hands, "You better return that or you won't be having any dinner tonight." At the same time the hooded man bursts into the tent surprising the gypsy.

The man's eyes wandered around the room. It was filled it interesting objects which he was sure he never saw before. As his eyes looked ahead of him, and there before him was a dark skinned woman with emerald eyes and a beauty mark near her right eye. She also long flowing black hair, her messy bangs nearly covering her right eye. She was wearing a white shirt that revealed her stomach, the sleeves that were somewhat loose that flies as she walked towards him. Her red skirt swerving in her movement. She was also wearing a headband. And he noticed that she was wearing plenty of accessories, several bangles on either wrist, a golden web necklace and earrings. But what dazzled him most were her eyes which glittered and shined like stars with a beauty mark near her left eye. And he noted her cute apologetic smile. He stares at her curvaceous figure until he sees the monkey in her arms. And a pouch in his hands.

The gypsy immediately figured that the man might be the owner of the purse, "Are you the owner of this purse?" He only nods. Stunned by her beauty. As she walked to him he notices that she moves in grace, "Shandor, return the pouch." she commands the monkey who obediently obliges. The man watches in wonder as the monkey holds out the pouch to his face, "I apologize for his behavior." she continues with an apologetic face.