Chapter 3: Memories

Gandalf was running on the aisles and staircases of Imladris and dragging Nestarel after himself. Legolas was after them. Finally, they reached a room and Gandalf entered. "She is here." declared Gandalf.

Nestarel saw Elrond, Arwen, Aragorn and five hobbits there. One of them was too old and had sat on a chair near a bed and one of them seemed to be injured, for he was on the bed and was unconscious. Nestarel bowed to Elrond. "My lord Elrond." she said.

"My Lady Nestarel!" cried the old hobbit and jumped to his feet. "I'm Bilbo Baggins. Do you remember me?"

Nestarel's eyes grew wide in recognition. "Bilbo." she said surprised. "Please, my lady, help my son. He is badly wounded." he said desperately.

"It's great you are here, Nestarel. Come and have a look. He is almost fading." said Elrond and urged Nestarel to go closer.

Nestarel went and sat at the edge of the bed. The little hobbit was in a very bad condition. He seemed to have a temperature and breathing problems. His left shoulder had been bandaged.

Nestarel brought her hand near his forehead but as her hand touched his forehead an image that she feared the most filled her head and she withdrew her hand quickly. Her heartbeat increased. "Who has stabbed him and with what?" she asked weakly while panting and trembling a bit.

"The witch-king of Angmar with a Morgul blade." answered Aragorn and Nestarel's heart skipped a bit and she looked at Aragorn with eyes widened from fear.

"Nestarel!" called Legolas and tried to go to her side but Gandalf stopped him and looked at him with his brows furrowed. "Stay where you are, Legolas Greenleaf!" he said sternly. His eyes were like two coals ready to burn. Legolas stared at him angrily but stayed where he was.

"Please, my lady." Pleaded a cute hobbit with curly golden hair. "We are losing Mr. Forod. Help him if you can."

Nestarel glanced at the injured Mr. Frodo. "He won't die." she said quietly. "He will be swept into the realm of shadows."

"The wound is almost healed." siad Elrond. "I don't know what's the problem."

Nestarel opened the bandage from around the wound and immediately furrowed. The wound looked bad. Although it had been tended the best, it looked to be infected.

Nestarel held out her shaky hand and after a second of hesitation placed it on the wound. immediately Frodo's hitched breaths became better, but things got worse for Nestarel.

As she touched the wound images flowed in her mind. The image of the shadow that was hunting her in all of her dreams. The witch-king of Angmar.

He didn't look so different in the shape of a Nazgul. Nestarel saw him stabbed Frodo in his shoulder and felt Frodo's pain herself.

The pain started in her own chest. She could see the blade in Frodo's shoulder and when it came out of his shoulder she noticed a little piece of it had been missed. but then images changed. She was in a dark dungeon. Her hands were bond and she was in horrible pain. the door of the cell opened and there had stood the witch-king with a giant Orc, Bolg, near him.

She opened her eyes and panted hard and clenched her chest. She noticed Elrond's arms around her and realized she was trembling hard. Something warm ran from her nose and when she touched it she saw blood on her finger.

"Nestarel!" Yelled Legolas who was worried sick and was fighting with Aragorn to come to her side. "I'm fine." said Nestarel weakly and then turned to Elrond. "A piece of the blade has remained in his shoulder."