Chapter 33: You are safe

Nestarel ran with Loreth on her tow who was crying after her to don't run and be careful. But Nestarel could hear none of it.  Her mind was only focused on one person whom she was dying to see.

She reached the campsite soon and her eyes were graced with the glorious sight of her husband. Her eyes welled up as relief finally washed over her when she saw him fine. Gimli was riding with him as always. Aragorn was riding beside them with Pippin sitiing in front of him. He looked so mighty in his shining armor. Eomer was on his left with Merry in front of him. All around them, soldiers were hailing them, but her friends all looked to be nervous.

Legolas was worried for Frodo and Sam and of course, he was tired. It was a hard battle and they were lucky that Frodo destroyed the ring just in time. All he wanted was to hold Nestarel in his arms and lose himself in the ocean of her eyes and smell in her fantastic scent to relax his tensed body. 

Just then, as if on cue, the love of his life appeared in front of him. There stood under the light of torches in a white dress like an angel, like a dream, his beloved wife. Her long hair had fallen in curls made of pure gold all around her. Her blue eyes which were fixed on him were glistening with unshed tears like the rays of the sun dancing on the uneasy surface of the ocean. His eyes wander lower and stopped on her belly and in utter joy, he saw a little bulge under her silky dress where her belly was.

He dismounted quickly and rushed to her and in less than a second engulfed her in his arms, well aware to not put pressure on her belly. "Nestarel!" he said. "My love. My dear. It must be a very great night that I'm seeing you. I didn't have hope to see you sooner than some days later."

Nestarel nuzzled her face in the crook of his neck and inhaled deeply. Her tears of joy fell on her face and soaked Legolas' collar. "Gandalf called me here." she said quietly, still overwhelmed with emotions. "Frodo and Sam needed help."

Legolas pulled away but kept his arms around her still. "How are them?" he asked concern.

Nestarel smiled and caressed his cheek. "Yes they are." she said reassuringly. She looked around as saw the others surrounding Gandalf who was explaining to them about Frodo and Sam and they all sighed in relief and looked over at her. She smiled, hardly keeping her tears at bay, and walked and hugged them all, happy that they were all fine, despite a few scratches they had.

"Nestarel!" cried Merry and Pippin as they hugged her tightly around the waist. "Thanks for saving Sam and Frodo." said Merry gratefully.

"They will be fine, guys. Don't be worry." she said fondly as she caressed their curly hair.

"Easy there, guys." grunted Gimli as he took the two from their cloaks and pulled them back. "You don't want to hurt the baby with your silliness."

Nestarel giggled. "It's alright, Gimli." she said as Legolas stood beside her and put an arm around her waist. "We don't want this idiot pointy ear here to become an overprotective oaf, now do we?" said Gimli smugly and everyone laughed.

Nestarel looked at the happy faces around her. So many lives were sacrificed. So many died. Frodo and Sam faced the hardest times of their lives, but with the resistance of everyone finally they defeated their enemy. "You did great." whispered Nestarel and gratefully looked around her. "You all did."

14 days passed since the fall of Sauron. Sam woke up on the 13th day. But Frodo was still sleeping. Although Nestarel had reassured everyone that this was normal, still they were worried. 

On the morning of the 14th day, Nestarel had sat on a bench that the soldiers had put there for her. Her baby bump was now completely visible. Legolas had really become an overprotective oaf and had her under his watchful gaze like a hawk all the time and as much as she craved his attention that had begun to annoy her slowly. He was going to forbid her even from walking when she had felt a slight pain in her abdomen a few days back.