Chapter 15: Marry me

It was a few days after their arrival in Lorien. It was night. Stars were twinkling in the sky. The night breeze was blowing moving the leaving and making beautiful harmony. But it seemed the charms of that beautiful night had no effect on the tall silhouette with blond hair who had stood in one of the high Talons of Caras Galadhon which overlooked the woods. His face was solemn and his ocean blue eyes had no warmth. 

Legolas was standing on the edge of the Talon looking ahead into nothing. His heart was heavy. In the last few days, he had the bliss of spending time as much as he wants with the love of his life under the protection of the Lorien. He had held her, kissed her, walked with her in the woods. But he was not blind. He could see her paleness, he could see the tiny wrinkles on her forehead and her massaging her chest unconsciously when she was feeling pain. Even there in Lorien, under its healing charm, Nestarel was still suffering from the dark spell and Legolas was forced to watch her suffer and couldn't do a thing and it was killing him. Would they go to succeed to destroy the ring ever? Would a day come, when he could hold Nestarel knowing that she is safe and in no pain?

He sighed defeated and shut his eyes tight as the numbing thoughts began to invade his mind. "Don't." called a deep voice and he turned around towards the sound sharply. There had stood Lord Celeborn, mighty and glorious in his light green robes. His silver hair was shining and his gray eyes were glittering with wisdom. "Don't let the fear and despair bring you down, my son." he said and walked over Legolas and put a hand on his shoulder and gave it a squeeze. 

"How?" choked Legolas on his breath. "How can I when I know I can't help her? How can I when she is fading in front of my eyes?"

Celeborn stared at Legolas' painful eyes and his heart ached. "You are doing whatever you can to help, Legolas. You are helping to destroy the ring, our only hope. There is nothing more than you can do." said Celeborn.

"You don't understant." hissed Legolas and turned and took a few steps away from Celeborn, clenching and unclenching his fists. 

"Do not think that you are the only one who has suffered from the suffering of his love." said Celeborn. The hurt and coldness in his words made Legolas turn to him. "You are not the first and you will not be the last." said Celeborn and walked to the edge of Talon and looked ahead at the roof of the forest in front of him. 

Legolas stared at him and saw pain and hurt in his face. "I was feeling the same when my daughter was kidnapped by the goblins and was tortured in those nasty tunnels and I couldn't do anything." growled Celeborn lowly with his jaw clenched tight. "But I knew by sulking and moping around I would do no good to anyone. I should stay strong for my wife. I should stay strong to help to find my daughter as much as I could and have hope."

Legolas sighed again and dropped his head. The sight of the mighty lord of Lorien in pain was not a thing you want to see. "What should I do, my Lord?" he asked defeated and dropped his head. "I love her so much. I don't think I can live a day without her anymore. I have already lost so many years that I could have." he said and then felt a hand on his shoulder. He opened his eyes and looked up into Celeborn's gray eyes. 

"Then don't waste any more time." said Celeborn softly. "There is not much that you can do only to stay by her side and be her strength. To cherish her, to make her feel safe and loved. Believe me Legolas, She needs you more than anything right now. Stand strong by her side and let her know you are there for her all the time. Let her feel loved." he paused for a second, letting his words to sank before continue again. "Do not let your fear of losing in future that may never come, ruin the now that you can have her. "

Legolas stared at Celeborn. His jaw set determined. Now, he knew what he should do. "Thank you, my lord." he said. 

Celeborn smiled and patted his shoulder. Legolas then bowed and left with only one thought in his mind, making the best out of the time they had even if it was a few days.