Chapter Twenty-six: Lost Blood

WARNING! THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS EXPLICIT CONTENT!

...........................................................................

After five hours of driving and only one bathroom break in between, I was beyond ready to take a much needed break from the road. We rented hotel room in Ashville, NC and trudged down the hallway to room 204.

Evander swiped the key card at the door and ushered me inside. The room was beautiful; a queen sized bed took up only a fourth of the floor, and window's lined the whole wall from top to bottom. We had a flat screen TV, a mini fridge with tiny bottles of rum, a microwave, and even a huge jacuzzi tub in the bathroom.

I tossed my bag on the floor beside the bed, and looked back at Evander. He was already busy placing two tiny bottles in the mini fridge from his personal cooler, reminding me again of his liquid diet.

His blood drinking didn't bother me anymore. He had evolved in a world unlike my own, and human's basically do the same thing right?

I sat on the fluffy bed and continued to watch him put away items and attach his phone to the wall charger.

He looked absolutely astonishing. His dark hair had grown half an inch since being with me, and it hung just above his eyes before he brushed it to the side. As he moved around the room, his tall, lean figure danced in a way mine couldn't.

Over the past month I had been watching him blossom like a flower in spring. His encouragements had pushed me into doing things a little differently, causing me to grow and bloom with him. He was the one who had taught me my strength when no one else was there to help.

I didn't care that he was placed into my life due to some kind of evil plot by mad men. He had came to me when I called, and not once had he doubted my sincerity. He said the bond we shared was one sided, he was the one who could feel my spirit far or near, but it simply wasn't true. The bond was mine as well, and I wanted to share my soul with him.

"Let's get in the tub together." I said, almost as shocked as Evander at my own words.

He nearly dropped the shirt he held in his hands, and I almost thought I heard him gasp, but I wasn't too sure.

"Well, uh-um, are you sure?" He stammered and blushed.

Was it possible he was more nervous as me at the idea? I tried to contain my own blushing as I nodded.

He composed himself and came to sit in front of me on the bed. He pushed aside a stray curl and cupped my face, staring intently into my eyes.

"I don't want you to feel like you have to sleep with me because we are in this room together. You know I wouldn't try to push that on you."

I contained an eye roll as I thought about how to express my emotions. Wasn't he supposed to feel my resolve?

"I'm not doing this because I feel pressured. I want to be with you, Evander-- completely. I've spent so long waiting, and you are exactly what I was waiting on. I feel deep in my soul that this is right for me. And I don't want to go through tomorrow wishing I could take back tonight."

Evander's gaze softened, and his finger's caressed my face. His eyes bore into mine so deeply that I felt I was falling into them, and he gave me the deepest kiss we had had yet. We kissed so intensely that I thought I never wanted to breath again, and when we finally broke free he rested his forehead against my own. We were both breathing heavily.

"Yes, I'll get in the tub with you." He finally replied.

I smiled and nodded, feeling breathless still.

He released my face and I slid off the bed, heading towards the bathroom.

"I'll let you know when to come in." I said, grabbing my bag on the way through the door.

The bathroom was spacious, and had a small nook made into the wall where I could place my bag. I opened it and grabbed my brush, raking it through my hair to try and get the curls to untangle. Without much luck, other than making my hear slightly more frizzy, I let it hang loose behind my back.

I turned the handles on the tub, allowing the water to begin to fill, and took off my clothes. Looking at myself in the long mirror, I was suddenly glad I had taken Kyna's advice to get my bikini wax last week. My skin looked milky white, with freckles dotting my face. I wasn't sure whether I looked childish, or beautiful. I just hoped Evander thought it was the ladder of the two.

After the tub was filled, I slid into the warm water, and called to Evander. He entered the room slowly, stopping in the doorway to examine me. His eyes didn't linger anywhere but my face, and he slowly began taking off his clothes. I blushed a bit at seeing him naked, but tried not to let my eyes roam. His chest was chiselled perfectly, and he didn't have a single imperfection on his body.

Lucky bastard.

I almost laughed at my own thoughts, but his headed gaze stole my humor and replaced it with longing as he gracefully entered the water. All nervous energy left my body as I shifted closer to him in the bath. I slid in his lap and kissed him roughly, and after finally letting go of the reigns, longing took over both of our bodies.

I felt his chest, his arms, every ounce of him touched me. Our kisses slowed, and Evander pulled back from my face one last time.

"Are you sure?"

His eyes reminded me of snow during Yule.

"Yes," I replied, kissing him again.

Nothing was in our way anymore, no doubts on our minds. There was just us, and our bodies roaming freely along each other.

I gasped as he entered me, but after he threatened to stop I assured him it was okay. It was better than okay, and the pain only lasted a moment. We moved against each other, and I could feel something deep inside of me awaken. Magick was stirring, but all I was focused on was Evander's body on mine. We moved slowly, but our movements were completely in sync.  The feeling of power surrounding us increased, and when I was sure that I couldn't ignore the light beginning to grow any longer, it expanded. Evander and I were being entwined in something otherworldly, magick was wrapping us in a silky web. We both could feel it, but the power only fueled our longing to be closer. As we peaked in ecstasy, I couldn't hold on to my control anymore. Evander sensed my need and deepened his thrust. His lips met mine and our moans were muffled by each others mouths.

My forehead rested on his shoulder as I tried to catch my breath.

"Is it always like that?" I asked, hugging his body to mine.

"Never." He whispered.