Chapter 34: Danny!

"Do you see him? " Brody asked me.

"Daniel! " I exclaimed when I spotted Danny at a table then I ran over to him.

Danny jumped up and caught me when I jumped into his arms hugging him tightly. It felt so good to hug him and see him again. I missed him a lot. I missed talking to him, getting his advice, spending time with him.

"I missed you Marls!" Danny exclaimed.

"I missed you too Danny!" I laughed then backed away to look at him.

"Hey Danny." Brody smiled and shook Danny's hand and gave him a weird man hug.

"Hey Brody. It's good to see you two together again." Danny nodded as we all sat around the table.

"Oh no we're not together again." I told Danny.

"Oh really?" Danny asked then dropped the subject. 

"So tell me everything I missed! " I said excitedly.

"Well I got engaged." Danny replied shocking me.

"What?!" I exclaimed in shock.

"Yeah her name's Caroline. We used to date for a few years then we broke up almost two years ago. I bumped into a few weeks ago and things just picked up from where they left. I've known her all my life and I love her Marls." Danny smiled blushing a little.

"That's amazing danny, when's the wedding?" I asked him.

"Just after Christmas actually and of course you're invited, I actually put on the invitation that it was for you and Brody but I didn't know about your situation." Danny said awkwardly handing me the invitation. "Like you're welcome to bring someone else."

"It's fine Danny. Thank you. I can't wait." I smiled brightly looking down at the invitation.

Who else could I take? Robbie? I don't think Brody would be too happy if I did that. The only thing I was worrying about if I did take Brody is wondering if it would be awkward. I also don't think I could control myself around him, Brody in a suit is perfection.

"So how are you?" Danny asked me.  "You look beautiful Marls."

"Thanks Danny. Things have been great." I replied.

"And how's living with your brother?" He questioned me.

"I love spending time with him and even with JC even though they suck at cooking."I laughed. "The school I go to is great. There's really lovely people that go there, I've made a lot of good friends."

"Then what are you doing back?" He asked.

"Even though I've been living a great life, things back here aren't exactly great. I didn't realise that my leaving hurt so many people and now I'm here to fix it." I sighed.  "So I kind of need your help."

"Sure, what's the problem?" He asked.

"Ok well I'll start with Matt. He's getting into fights at school and he's not himself. I know he sleeps through the day a lot but I think that's because he's not getting any sleep at night. I'm really worried about him. I think that he thinks it's normal. Like he's still young and he picks up on things, I came out of nowhere,  suicidal and depressed. Matty has seem me at my worst and I think it's my fault he's acting this way now. I think he needs help." I explained to Danny.

"You could be right Marls, it's not your fault, you didn't make him depressed but he's been through a lot for a fifteen year old boy. I think that we should arrange a meeting for me to see him just to talk really and depending on how things go we could make it a regular thing." Danny shrugged. "What else?"