Chapter 21: Breaking

"Is anyone here?" I shouted around the house as Brody and I walked in with food. "We brought pizza!"

Just then everyone ran down to us for the food. Brody and I sat the piled boxes up on the table and let everyone eat away. We had spent the rest of the day together, Brody and I just having fun, loving each other. I loved being back with him but how am I going to explain it to everyone?

"Guys, Marley-Rose and I have an announcement." Brody announced.

Tyler had turned the tv on though and that had caught my attention. I saw a little boy on the news, George.

"Tyler turn that up." I told my brother.

Tyler turned the tv up so I could now hear it. It was definitely George.

"Earlier today eight year old George Simmons was murdered by his father in an attempt to look like a double suicide. Witnesses had reportedly seen them last in a park. The little boys mother and sister had both committed suicide and it was believed that the father did it in trying to be reunited with their family. The little boy was found hung, alongside his father. It was confirmed to be the fathers action, luring George to the rope. Friends say that George was indeed a happy polite young boy who was so full of life. It's all just, a bit of a shame, an awful loss."

"Marley why are you crying?" Sam snapped me back to what was happening.

The tears just kept coming though. It was George, the little brave boy that talked to me about suicide when we we were in the park earlier. I can't believe he's dead, I made him promise me he wouldn't become an angel andy then his dad makes him one...

"That's George." I cried.

"Do you know him?" Tyler asked me.

"He was the boy at the park." Brody sighed.

I didn't say anything else but ran away from them and upstairs to my room. I sat on my bed and I just cried, rubbing scars. George shouldn't be dead it should be me before him. He had so much to live for, I barely have anything. He was an innocent little boy who had lost too much but had his whole life ahead of him. I just wanted to end my life because he lost his. I knew what I wanted to do.

I jumped off my bed and down to the floor. There was a loose floorboard that I found and opened. When my parents found out about my suicidal thoughts, they took away as many blades and dangers as they could find but I hid some. I looked down the gap and saw my old friends; scissors, blades, knifes, tablets, everything I could use to harm myself. I picked up one of the blades and looked down at my wrist. The scars were still very noticeable on my wrists, they would never fade, I didn't want them to, they were apart of me and have been for so long.

This was my addiction.... I ran the blade across my wrist, without actually hurting myself, just to get a feel of the blade threatening my skin. Tears came to my eyes as tried to stop myself but a part of didn't want to stop myself. I had no control anyway as I dug the blade into one side of my wrist and dragged it along to the other side, leaving a deep wound. I missed this feeling, I did this so I could feel pain, so I could feel alive. I repeated the motion of cutting myself all up my arm and the crimson red blood flood down my arm. My arm was too weak to lift, there was a lot of cuts and so much blood.... Many this would be my end and I would finally be back with my parents again, an angel, no more pain.

"Marley."

I jumped, dropping the blade turning to see Brody by the door. I forgot to lock the door! Brody locked the door so no one else could come in then he ran over to me. He grabbed me and pulled me up but I was too weak to stay up. Brody and I fell to the ground together as he held my arm that I self harmed.