Chapter 22: Confessions

I can't tell them. I don't have it in me to tell my cousins and friends that after everything, I'm giving in to my brother and agreeing to live with him. They would hate me, they wouldn't let it happen. I had to go with him though, I wasn't about to put my family through anymore. I feel like I would kill myself.

I sat in silence at dinner and remained in silence with Brody. JC and Tyler continuously talked while I played with my food. I don't know what I've did...

"Who's up for cake?" Tyler asked happily.

"I just want to go home." I stated.

"If you're sure - I'll get the bill." Tyler said getting up to pay.

The rest of us got up to and waited for Tyler. Then we all walked outside and back to the car. There was two things I couldn't do, look at Brody or talk. I wanted to curl up into a ball and die. We all sat in silence in the car until we made it home. We all walked back into the house and found everybody else waiting for us in the living room.

"I'm going to go to bed." I announced.

"Not just yet Marls." Tyler stopped me and turned to address everyone. "I just wanted to let you all know that I will be dropping the custody case."

Oh no.....

"Why?" Jake asked.

"Because as of next week, Marley-Rose will freely be living with JC and I indefinitely." Tyler replied.

I kept my head down but I still heard all the angry comments from everyone. I wasn't ready to tell them yet but I didn't have a choice now.

"You can't do that!" Jake argued.

"You can't take her away from us!" Sam yelled.

"Brody tell them, tell them not to take her." Sarah-Jayne begged Brody.

"It's not my decision. It's up to Marley." Brody sighed.

"Why M, why are you doing this?" Jake,asked me. "They can't make you, we can fight-"

"I don't want to fight anymore." I said emotionally distraught.

"Marley-Rose, Tyler and JC live three hours away from us." Jake stated.

"We'll never see you." Sam said saddened.

"I'm sorry Sam." I sighed.

But sorry wasn't enough. Sam left the room and Sarah-Jayne ran straight out behind him. I knew this would happen.... I knew Sam and Sarah-Jayne would take it the worse too. I couldn't look at anybody else once they left. I didn't want to upset my friends, I was trying to protect them.

"This isn't right." Sean shook his head.

"I can't believe you're letting her do this Brody." Ryan spoke.

"I can't listen to this." Jake sighed. "Im going to check to Sarah-Jayne."

"Me too." Jamie sighed and they both left.

"Whoa Marley, I didn't think you gave up that easily." Lucy shook her head and followed Jamie and Jake.

"And that's saying something coming from her Marls." Ryan followed Lucy with Sean until they were all gone.

I just wanted to cry. I was left with no friends. This is just what Tyler and JC wanted. I looked at Brody for support but he turned his head away and that broken my heart.

"I need some air." I excused myself and ran out the front door.

I ran to the end of my drive then stopped, breathing heavily, not because I was out of breath but because I was having a panic attack. Ok, panic attack, put my hands on something flat. I put my hands on the mail box and tried to find the air. Someone placed their hands on top of mine on the mailbox and I took a deep breath. I looked up at saw Mason then jumped away panicking again.

"Marley please." Mason begged me. "Calm down."

"Get the hell away from me!" I screeched.

"You don't need to be afraid of me anymore. I've changed. You're panicking. Let me help you." Mason said calmly.

"You can't! Can't you see! No one can help me." I cried.

"You haven't changed." Mason smiled. "Still the beauty of a Goddess but still so depressed and empty."

"You don't know me Mason!" I yelled.

"Baby I'm the only one who knows you." Mason stepped towards me.

I was scared again, I am still terrified of Mason. I know he hasn't change, I know people can change but it him, not Mason. After everything he need to me.... Everything he put me through...

"Don't come any closer." I told Mason.

"Marley what's the matter? We used to be close-"

"You raped me!" I yelled at Mason.

"Is this because of that boy. Not JC. The new one?" Mason asked.

"His name is Brody and no, it's because of what you did to me!" I exclaimed.

"Marl, I loved you, I still love you." Mason told me. "We can be together, I can protect you baby."

"I don't need protection from you, I need to be protected from you!" I reminded him.

"Marley-Rose it wasn't all my fault." Mason sighed. "You were just there, wearing those short little tight revealing clothes with your little tight sexy body and I just wanted to kiss you so much."

"But you wouldn't take no for an answer." I snapped.

"You're mine. You will always be mine." Mason told me

"You can't have me!" I shouted at him.

"We'll see about that." Mason's features darkened.

I knew what was happening, how he would just turn so angry, he was trouble and I had to get away from him. I wouldn't let him near me. I didn't feel safe here. I need to leave. I turned away from Mason and ran back towards the house. My cheeks were still damp from crying as I entered the house. I found JC, Tyler, Brody and Jke arguing in the kitchen but they stopped when they saw me.

"Are you okay M-R?" Jake asked me.

"We need to leave!" I shouted.

Then the others joined us in the kitchen when they heard me shouting. It was better everyone was in the same room now though.

"What's wrong?" Tyler asked me.

"We're leaving! All of us! Now!" I yelled.

"Marley calm down, we don't need to leave." Jake sighed.

"Yes we do! You have to listen to me, you have to take me far far away from here." I told them.

"Maybe we should all go." JC sighed.

"Ok we'll leave first thing tomorrow Marls." Tyler told me.