Chapter 43: Free Fallin'

"Do you know what you're going to say?" Brody asked me as we stood at the front door of the Callaghan house and I nodded.

Then I walked inside and Brody. I entered the living room where I heard voices and halted to a stop when I saw Angelo and Sebastian sitting in the living room with all the Callaghan boys and Marty. They were all chatting away civilly and even laughing. I just didn't want to deal with this right now, not when I had my parents on my mind.

"What is this?" I asked.

"Marley-Rose come and sit down with us. We should talk." Angelo announced.

"Angelo I told you to give me time! All I asked for was a little time."I snapped at him. "What are you doing showing up here?"

"He came to talk to us about access to time with you." Marty explained.

"And?" I asked them to continue.

"We were wondering if you would spend Christmas with us?" Angelo smiled.

...... was he serious... I only meet him this week and now he wanted to spend Christmas with me.

"Are you kidding me?" I laughed in disbelief.

"Christmas is a family time and we thought it would be a good chance to catch up." Angelo replied.

"Catch up?" I asked. "Catch up on the seventeen years you missed out on!"

"Marley calm down." Zayn sighed. "It's okay you can just spend Christmas with us."

"Don't any of you get it? I don't want to spend Christmas with any of you! I want to spend it with my mommy and daddy and my big brother."I cried.

I felt the emotions overcoming me and I was aware I was causing a scene, having a breakdown. I just needed space. I was just feeling everything and hurting.

"It's your first Christmas without them..." Marty realised.

"They won't be here." I cried. "They're going to miss so much, my graduation, my wedding, the birth of my child, hundreds of family birthdays and occasions."

"Marley-Rose breathe." Marty stood up and came closer to me because he realised what was happening.

I was having a panic attack.  I couldn't breathe and I actually felt like I was drowning.  The walls were closing in and I couldn't escape. Pain filled my muscles and the dizziness took over.

"I can't." I choked up.

I couldn't catch the air I needed and everything was all happening so fast. I didn't want to scare my family but I couldn't stop it.

"Dad what's happening?" Matt asked.

"She's having a panic attack." Marty responded then he took my hand and led me to the couch and let me sit down. "Get her a class of water, a wet towel and bring her medicine box in now!"

"Is there anything I can do?" Angelo asked Marty.

"Just back up!" Marty exclaimed because everyone was crowded around me.

I cried hysterically, feeling like I couldn't breathe at the same time. Then the shakes came on and my whole body shaked as the sweat poured down my for head.

Matt came running back into the room with the things that Marty had asked for. Marty handed the wet towel to Jeremy and he patted it on my forehead and down my back and shoulders. Then Marty pulled out my appropriate medication for this scenario and shoved it in my mouth because I couldn't then forced the water down my throat.

"Now what?" Angelo asked.

Marty didn't reply to him as he sat up on the couch beside me, took me in his arms and leaned back and cradled me.