Chapter 2

"Marley get up!"

"Five more minutes mom." I murmured then shot up at the realisation of what I had just said.

I did not just say that! Why would I say something like that. I know it's only been a month since my parents passed but I was just torturing myself by thinking about them. They were always in my dreams and I remember the days I used to be awoken by my loving mom and a stack of freshly baked pancakes. Oh how I missed her...

I pulled my earphones out with the music still playing, shook myself up and over to the window. I pulled the curtains back and shut my eyes when the sun hit me. With my eyes still closed I stumbled over to the closet. I opened my eyes in the dark side of my room where the closet was. I pulled out a pair of denim shorts, a black crop top, white vans, a white leather jacket and my black ray bans sunglasses. Stumbling around my room, stripping and changing into my clothes I made it to the mirror. I put on some mascara, eyeliner and lip gloss. I pulled all my very long wavy brown hair to let it flow down my back then grabbed my phone and my shoulder bag and walked out of the room.

I walked into the bathroom beside me and Jake's room where I saw Jake brushing his teeth. He pointed to the second sink. I sighed then went to the sink and began brushing my teeth. I could see Jake glancing at me in the mirror. There was tension between us, big time. I felt so many emotions right now. I was shocked, scared, disappointed all at once about Jake and last night. I realise that he wasn't involved but he knew.

"If it helps, I didn't know what they were going to do until after you left." Jake told me turning around to look me in the eyes.

"They stole from a chapel Jake, what kind of sick friends do you have?" I asked him.

"They're the type of people who do what they want Marley." Jake sighed.

"Whatever, I don't care." I sighed then walked out of the bathroom.

I walked down the stairs with Jake following and into the kitchen where the family was.

"Hey Marl, did you sleep alright?" Zayn asked me

"Like a baby." I replied.

"Good, so dad and I are working today, Jake's gonna drive you to school with Matt." Zayn told me.

"Can Joseph and Jeremy not take me?" I asked.

"Sorry Hun, we're taking some of our friends." Jeremy told me.

"Come on Marley and Matt, I'm leaving now." Jake said.

Jake walked on and Matt and I followed. I took the shotgun seat while Matt got in the back of Jake's red range rover. He started driving and I turned the music up when Nathan Carter's version of Wagon Wheel came on. I loved this song, it was more Irish and country and wasn't that well known here but I loved it. I started to sing along.

"Rock me mama like a wagon well, rock me mama any way you feel. Hey hey yeah mamma rock me. Rock me mama like a wagon weel, rock me mama any way you feel. So rock me mama like the wind and the rain, rock me mama like a south bound train. Hey hey yeah mama rock me." I smiled without realising I was singing.

"You can sing?" Matt asked me.

"Oh no, I don't sing any more." I replied.

"She sings Matt." Jake spoke up. "Like an angel."

Jake pulled up in a car park and parked the car. Matt jumped out and went to his side of the school. Jake and I walked in silence for a while through the car park.

"Marley did my friends see you last night?" Jake asked me with a new wave of concern overtaking his presence

"No." I replied, leaving out the part were one of them saw me, when I kicked him in the balls, when he tried to save me, when we held a conversation. Maybe lying to Jake about this will blow up in my face.