Chapter 14

Sonic's P.O.V. 
I was laying on my bed. A blushing mess as I remembered Shadow's words and the picture Rouge had sent me. He looked so cute!

I was lost in my thoughts when I got a message from an unknown number.

-

Unknown: Hi Blue.
Unknown: It's Rouge
Unknown: This is Shadow's phone.
Unknown: He asked for your number ;)

-

I blushed and dropped my ears at that. 

-

Me: Wait what?

Unknown: He was spaced out for an hour then asked me for your number, we're at work right now.

Me: So this is Shadow's number?

Unknown: Yep. He might come over when he's done with his work.

Me: Okay... 

Shadow: What's wrong?

Me: It's just that... It's weird...

Shadow: I understand, you should talk to him.

Me: I will.

Shadow: I'm giving him his phone back, tell him not to kill me! :'(
Shadow: Sonic?

-

I hesitated to text at first, I didn't know what to say, I was still afraid to make Shadow mad, he could tell the commander about my sexuality and kill me! 

Am I overreacting?

-

Shadow: I'm sorry.

-

My ears perked up as I read that.

-

Me: For what?

Shadow: For hurting you. 

Me: It's okay.

Shadow: Then why were you crying yesterday?

Me: It wasn't because of you.

Shadow: Are you saying the truth?

Me: I don't feel comfortable talking about this through text.
Me: Sorry.

Shadow: It's okay. 
Shadow: Can I come over when I finish work?

Me: Sure. Text me first.

Shadow: I will. See you then.

-

I sighed and closed my eyes as I blushed more. He cared. He really cared. Or at least I hope so.

Shadow's P.O.V.
"What did he tell you?" Rouge smirked when she saw that I put my phone on the desk and started actually doing my work.

"I'll go to him when I finish my work." I mumbled, trying to ignore her.

"Can I come with you?" She walked to me, still smirking. "Or do you want to have some time alone~?" 

I sighed and rubbed my face, hoping that she would shut up. "Rouge. Go finish your work, this is not the place to talk about this." I said with a threatening voice, but she was used to it so she didn't even flinch. 

"Fine, but I'm coming with you." She sounded disappointed as she walked back to her desk. What did she expect me to say? This is G.U.N.! We can't talk about these things in here!

We both worked in silence after that, or at least I did, I could hear Rouge's phone go off every once in a while and her chuckling every time, this was enough to make me curious.

I tried my hardest to ignore her as I very slowly decrease the number of the most annoying paper in the world. When I was finally done, I grabbed my phone and was about to tell Rouge that I was done, when I heard a sniff followed by a low sob.

I quickly looked at Rouge and lowered my ears when I saw that she was crying, her tears fell on the screen of her phone. I got worried and walked to her.

"What's wrong?" I asked, unfortunately, my voice wasn't matching my feelings, it was bland with no emotion, but I was really worried.

"W-Wave... Sh-She..." Rouge covered her face as she cried, making her phone drop on the ground.

I instantly tensed up, thinking Wave had died while she was in prison.

I was speechless to read that Wave had gotten raped, the guys that raped her sneaked in her cage late in the midnight and... Got her pregnant?!?

"I-I'm th-the w-worst-t..." Rouge sobbed and stood up. "I-I'll visit h-her i-in p-prison..."

I was about to say something but Rouge put her hand in front of my mouth to stop me.

"G-go t-to Blue... I-I'll be f-fine..." She rubbed her arm as she walked outside, pretending as if nothing happened.

I stood there in shock and disbelief, I couldn't process what I just read.

I felt so bad for Rouge and Wave, both their lives got destroyed, especially Wave's.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard something break in the cafeteria. Great. Another fight.

I sighed and texted Sonic.

-

Me: Can I come?

Sonic: Are you finished.

Me: I wouldn't ask if I hadn't.

Sonic: True...
Sonic: Not yet, the guards will bring me food in a bit.

Me: Will you text me when they're gone?

Sonic: Yes.

-

I chaos controlled to my house when I heard gunshots, it was nothing important, the soldiers are simply too stupid to understand that guns are not toys.

Yet they protect the city.

No wonder Sonic is so beau- I mean, famous.

He does a better job than anyone at G.U.N.

He looks much cuter too.

... Brain...!