Chapter 12

Shadow's P.O.V.
I couldn't sleep, I wanted to tell Sonic how I felt and that I didn't mean a thing I've said all these years, for what I did in the mission, for the way I treated him.

I can't believe that he still had feelings for me, how could he stand the pain? I've been treating him like garbage and he acted as he didn't even hear it, but when he told me he hated me, I can't think straight.

It hurts! It really does!

I almost cried at what he said, I'm not meant for love! Yet here I am, crying over three simple words.

I couldn't take it anymore and chaos controlled to the room Sonic was in, I found him being on his phone, his eyes were watery and he sobbed as he looked at the screen. 

What was he looking at?

I slowly walked to him, my footsteps echoing in the quiet room. Sonic tensed up and his phone away quickly then glared at me. "I t-told you leave!"

"I know... I just-"

"Just what?! You broke my heart once, you got what you wanted, I hate you, I'll never bother you again!" He shouted at me, he was crying a lot, the tears made me feel like the biggest jerk in the world.

"I'm sorry! Listen to me! I did this for you!" I shouted, even though I didn't want to, but it was the only way I could make him listen.

Sonic stayed quiet as he wiped his tears. "You're leaving after this..." He glared me and moved his hand telling me to speak up.

I sighed and tried to find the words to explain what I was feeling., "I... I like you too..." I hesitantly started talking. "I treated you like that because of the law... Since I work for G.U.N., I must follow and serve the law, if I don't, I'll be tortured for days... And... If they learn that I care about you... They'll use you against me..." I looked down on the floor. "I don't want you to suffer..."

I waited for his response, but the only thing I got was silence. I slowly looked up and saw him staring at me shocked. "Are you saying the truth...?" He broke the silence as he slowly stood up.

I nodded and dropped my ears. "I am... I'm really sorry..."

"I don't believe you." He said, but his voice was a little more joyful and playful.

"Why...?" I asked, now being confused and a little worried, was he playing tricks on me?

"I need proof." He smiled softly at me, making me blush to how cute he was.

"What do you mean by proof?" I cleaned my throat and looked away when he smirked at me, he probably saw my blush.

"A hug." He chuckled softly, his eyes were still watery so I still didn't know how he was feeling.

I raised a brow at what he said. "Come again?" 

Sonic rolled his eyes playfully. "I'll believe you only if you give me a hug."

I tried to calm my blush that was getting darker, I was both flattered and nervous. "I-I..."

"Come on, it's not a big deal, a simple hug won't get us to jail." He said jokingly and opened his arms for a hug.

I hesitated at first but finally gave in and opened his arms then looked away in embarrassment. I tensed up when he hugged me tightly and rested his head on my shoulder.

I blushed and slowly hugged back, it felt strange, it was strange. I madly blushed when I heard him purr, it was very quiet, but there was nothing else that made noise in the room so it was hearable, I could also feel it since he was so close to me.

"You're not lying, right?" Sonic spoke up after a bit, breaking the silence, that was surprisingly not awkward.

"I hugged you, what else do you want?" I rolled my eyes with a small chuckle. "You better not tell anyone about this."

Sonic laughed softly and shook his head. "I won't, but can you promise me something?" 

"Depends." I pulled away from the hug and sat on the bed, I was a little tired since I didn't get much, I felt his phone under the blanket but tried to ignore it.

"Will you stop hurting me? And pretend that you hate me...?" He was hesitant on the last question, he was looking down at the floor and rubbing his arm nervously.

I looked at him and lowered my ears slightly, finally my blush calming down. "Of course, I thought that was what the hug meant." 

Sonic chuckled and slowly nodded. "Yeah..." He looked at me. "Aren't you tired? It's late for you to be awake, don't you have to go to G.U.N.?" 

I nodded and yawned. "I am, I just didn't want to leave you crying. Especially because it's partly me who made you cry." I pulled the blanket and looked at the phone. "What were you watching...?"

Sonic's ears perked up and quickly grabbed his phone. "Nothing...! Don't worry about it." He lowered his ears and put the phone on the nightstand.

I looked at him with my ears lowered, starting to get worried. 

Sonic looked at me and dropped his ears. "I'll... Tell you some other time..."

I slowly nodded and chaos controlled to my home, I plopped on the bed and hugged my pillow tightly then blushed as I remembered the hug.

For you, it might be nothing, but I've wanted this for so long, I was always afraid to go near Sonic in fear that he'll get injured because of me.

I slowly fell asleep, not realizing I was purring and smiling.