Chapter 9

Shadow's P.O.V.
"Come on! I promise I won't get mad!" Miles got in front of Sonic and stopped him.

"N-no... I can't..." He mumbled and looked up at me then gasped. "Sh-Shadow!?"

I mentally yelled in frustration and chaos controlled away.

Sonic's P.O.V.
Oh no. He saw me, he knows now.

I dropped my ears and loomed at Tails shocked. "We have to go. Now." I grabbed his arm and dashed to the castle, knowing that I damaged the suit but I didn't care at this point. Shadow knows that I'm the prince, if he tells Rouge, she might think that I betrayed her.

I stopped in front of the gates and waited for the guards to open them. When they did, I walked in, praying that Shadow didn't tell anyone.

"Can you warn me next time?" I looked to the side and saw Tails glaring playfully at me, his fur was a mess and had a few leaves and small sticks on his head.

I smiled sheepishly and helped him fix his fur. "Sorry..."

"Sonic?" I turned around and smiled when I saw Manic. "Long time no see bro!" He walked to me and hugged me tightly.

"M-Manic... Y-you're choking me..." I said after I hugged back.

Manic laughed softly and pulled away. "Sorry, I just really missed you."

"I missed you too, but I really need to talk to mom. It's urgent." I said with a semi-serious voice.

Manic slowly nodded and told me that she's in the dining room as he looked at me a little concerned. I nodded and walked to the dining room, when I saw her with Chuck, I walked to them and fake a smile. "Mom... I need to talk to you..."

My mom saw me and smiled happily since I hadn't visited them for a long while, almost a year. "Maurice! I'm so happy to see you!" She stood up and hugged me gently, I missed her hugs.

"I missed you too mom." I chuckled softly, knowing that she's going to hate me after this. "I need to talk to you... In private..." I said lowly so Chuck wouldn't hear.

She nodded and followed me to my bedroom quietly, making it awkward for me as my mind raced thinking about her reaction. I knew that she was homophobic, she had made a scene when she heard that Sally is bisexual, but since she lives far away from here, the law has no effect on her. I'm so jealous of her.

When we made it to my room and closed the door behind us, I took a deep breath and started talking. "Mom. I need you to promise me that you won't get mad and that you won't lock me in because of what I'm going to say, okay?" I looked at her with the most serious expression I have ever had. I'm pretty sure it was more serious than Shadow's.

My mom slowly nodded and crossed her arms, which was a bad sign. I quietly gulped in fear that I was going to be locked in for a lifetime. "I... Want to make homosexuality legal." I quickly but clearly told her, making her expression change from curious and calm, to furious and... What rhymes with calm?

"No. There's no way." She said sternly and shook her head. "Don't tell me you support this nonsense." She lightly glared at me in disgust, making me drop my ears.

"Yes... I actually do..." I said calmly and glared back, not being scared of her. "And it's not fair to literally execute someone for something they can't control!" I tried to stay calm, but I was sure she took it personally either way, so there's no turning back now.

"Don't use that tone on me, young man. And they can very well control it, it's not that hard." She rolled her eyes. "We're not fighting over this." She shook her head and walked to the door, but I stopped her.

"You're not leaving until we both agree on something." I crossed my arms. "You have to listen to me. I'm not saying you to make everything legal, but homosexuality is not something bad, we haven't done anything bad!"

My mom raised a brow. "We?" She gasped when she realized what I meant. "Don't tell me you're-" I cut her off.

"Yes. Yes, I'm gay. You don't want your son in prison, do you?" I rested back on the door with a slight smirk, feeling like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

She stayed quiet for a bit. "No, I don't. But I also don't want you to have a boyfriend." She walked closer to me. "You'll be locked in until you understand that what you're saying is nonsense."

I looked at her shocked. "What!? You can't lock me in!"

"I can. I am your mother and you will listen to me." She grabbed my arm and pulled me towards her then opened the door and called the guards to take me to the dungeon.

"No! Mom! You can't do this!" I tried to run away but the guards catch me and held me in one place.

"I'm sorry Maurice. But I have no other choice." She said calmly as she looked at me with guilt but also worry.

"You do." I dropped my ears, knowing that if I fail, Wave might die. "You can listen to me. Mom. A girl might lose her life for something she's not in control of, so many people are afraid to leave their house, to live their life. Mom... Please..." I begged, my voice breaking in the last sentence.

This made her lower her ears slightly, but she soon shook her head. "You're staying here for the rest of your life. I'm not losing my son to this." She turned around and walked away.

"What!? NO! You can't do that! I'm their hero!" I panicked and tried to get out of the guards' grip, but with no luck.

I can't believe my mom betrayed me like that...

For my sexuality?!?