Chapter 11

Sonic's P.O.V.
Rouge lowered her ears as I said his name. "What about him?"

"I... I like him... A lot..." I mumbled lowly, both embarrassed and hurt. "But he clearly does feel the same..."

"I'm sorry Blue, but he's not in a position to be against the law either. The commander might torture him to death..." Rouge rubbed my back for comfort. "You have to talk to him."

"I can't. He'll kill me." I quickly said, feeling like I was being watched.

"He won't, I'm sure." Rouge continued trying to convince me.

"I'm sorry, I just wanted to talk to someone about this." I apologized when I realized that I was talking about my stupid problems while Rouge has way more important things to do and worry about. "I promise I'll bring Wave back."

"You don't have to. You're already in trouble." She shook her head. "But I have to go, I have work to do." She smiled softly at me and left after I nodded.

I sighed and laid on my bed with my suit still on and the feeling that someone was in the room making me uncomfortable.

I sat up and looked around, I saw no one there, but it felt like there was. I decided to ignore it and took off the suit then laid on my bed and pulled the blanket over me, still feeling uncomfortable.

Who's watching me?

Shadow's P.O.V.
I was staring at Sonic, not really sure what to do now.

I was locked in, Sonic just admitted that he liked me, he was a few steps away from me and he's noticed that someone is in the room.

I know what you're thinking, just go there and tell him you like him back, kiss him and everything will be fine.

No, it will not.

If I do that, he'll think that I'm spying on him, that I'm messing with his feelings, and that I was just doing all this to make him trust me and backstab him in the end.

...Rouge has made me watch many romances and soap operas. Don't judge me.

I was about to leave when I heard soft sobbing coming from the bed, I looked at Sonic to see him crying under the covers, making my ears drop. I was sure this was partly my fault.

I bit my lip and slowly walked to the bed, not making a sound as Sonic's sobbing got worse, my heart couldn't take it.

"Sonic...?" I said softly and slowly, hoping that I wouldn't startle him, but unfortunately, I did.

Sonic jumped and quickly looked at me then dropped his ears and quickly wiped his tears. "W-what do you want?" He tried to sound serious, but he had already let his guard down, he was now vulnerable.

"Why are you crying...?" I asked concerned, my voice and face finally showing emotions, something that I've never done before.

This made Sonic drop his ears as he looked at me in shock. He quickly shook his head and turned around. "How long have you been here...?" He asked lowly, his voice breaking.

"I came with Rouge... Without her knowing..." I admitted. "I wanted to apologize for what I did and said." I sighed.

"H-how much did you hear...?" He ignored my apology and covered his head with the blanket.

"...Everything..." I paused for a bit, then decided to tell him. "We can't be together. It's against the law..." 

"Leave." Was all Sonic said. "Leave now before I call the guards."

I dropped my ear at what he said. He was acting like me. It hurts...

"But Sonic, I-"

"Leave!" He cut me off with a growl, taking me off guard. I dropped my ears and tried to talk again but somehow Sonic knew that I was about to talk so he growled louder. "I hate you!" He shouted and glared at me, shattering my heard.

I heard footsteps coming to the room so I quickly chaos controlled to my house, trying to process what had just happened. Why was he so snappy? I've never seen him like this. Why to me? He seemed so calm and polite to Rouge... He said he hated me... But he clearly had said the opposite to Rouge...

Oh, who am I kidding.

I deserved this.

~~~

It's been five hours, it's almost midnight. I couldn't stop thinking about Sonic, this time it was because of the pain and not my feelings that tortured me.

I wanted to tell him how I feel, but I didn't want to get tortured of somehow G.U.N. learns about it. 

It sounds selfish I know, but that's not the only thing I'm worried about.

They can use Sonic against me if they know how much I care for him, they can torture him in the worst way possible, they can even kill him since they don't know about him being a prince.

All these thoughts were haunting me all day, I couldn't even close my eyes without feeling that someone was watching me, I was so shocked that I've been committing crime all these years, I deserve to be in jail, I must be killed with the most painful and slow death possible. 

Maria. Help me.