Chapter 4

Sonic's P.O.V.
I laid on the branch and looked at the stars, something I always do whenever I'm outside, but the only thing that I could think was Shadow's smile.

I still couldn't believe that he was actually smiling, his smile was so beautiful and handsome, I was smiling brightly only by thinking about it, I wanted desperately to make him smile again.

I sighed quietly and looked down at Shadow, he had already fallen asleep. I stared at him, liking how peaceful and calm he looked.

As I looked at him, I got hungry, not in a sexual away, so I thought that Shadow would have something for me to eat. Again. Not in a sexual away...

I slowly got off my branch an landed in front of Shadow, his ear flickered when I made it move a little.

"Shad...!" I whispered and moved closer to him. "I'm hungry...!"

I moved my hand to his shoulder but stopped when I saw how fluffy his chest fur was, I bit my lip and hesitantly touched it, but I had my gloves on so I didn't feel anything. I didn't want to get caught so I quickly pulled my hand away when Shadow groaned.

"Shad!" I whispered a little louder and shook him gently, making him groan and slap my hand away.

"Leave me alone Rouge..." He mumbled in his sleep. Cute.

"No Shadow, it's me!" I pinched his nose and smirked when he tensed up.

"What the hell Faker!" He growled lowly and slapped my hand away.

I laughed softly and moved a bit away from him. "I'm hungry."

Shadow raised a brow and looked at me with an expression I couldn't quite read. "And why are you telling me this?"

"I thought you could give me something." I shrugged and looked at the fire then at Shadow, I raised a brow when I saw a light blush on his muzzle.

"Go to Rouge." He mumbled and put his arms behind his head.

I slowly nodded and jumped down then walked to Rouge and asked her for something to eat, she gave me a sandwich she had ready from her house and I thanked her then walked to the tree when I finished. I looked up at Shadow's branch and so his hand hanging from the side. I suddenly had the urge to hold it.

I looked around making sure no one was watching then slowly and carefully put my hand on Shadow's, to see what he'll do.

My ears perked up when he squeezed my hand and I lightly blushed, I didn't expect that at all. I waited, hoping that his grip will loosen but it never happened. I dropped my ears afraid that he might wake up and beat me for holding his hand, both because he hates me and it's like breaking the law.

I tensed up when I heard him groan and squeeze my hand, he was waking up!

Chaos help me...