Chapter 13

Shadow's P.O.V.
"Hun?" My ear flickered when I heard Rouge calling me. I groaned and opened my eyes, to her look at me in shock.

"What?" I asked and raised a brow, did I have something on me?

"Did you watch a nice dream?" Rouge chuckled and showed me a picture of me smiling as I slept.

I dropped my ears and lightly blushed when I realized that I was purring then quickly stopped.

"What are you doing here?" I snatched her phone and deleted the picture.

"Hey! You have no right to do that!" She quickly took the phone back.

"But you have the right to break into my house and take pictures of me when I sleep?" I raised a brow and crossed my arms, making her scoff and roll her eyes.

"I wasn't going to show anyone." She mumbled and walked to the door. "Get up, you're late." 

I looked at the clock and quickly when in the bathroom to take a shower. As I dried my fur, I realized that Rouge wasn't mad at me for what happened, she just acted like nothing had happened, strange.

I got out of the shower when I was done and saw Rouge giggling and snickering as she texted someone. 

"What's so funny?" I crossed my arms as I stood beside her, making her jump and quickly put her phone away. 

"Nothing!" She answered quickly, making it obvious that she had done something I wouldn't like.

"You didn't send the picture to anyone, did you?" I glared at her, I didn't want anyone to see me like this.

"Nooooo~" Rouge smiled sheepishly and avoided eye contact.

I dropped my ears and growled. "Rouge! You can't be serious!"

"Calm down! I only sent them to-" She tried to explain, but I cut her off.

"How would you like it if I broke into your house and took pictures of you then sent them to everyone I know?" I was pissed at what she did, but this crossed the line. "I can't believe you! Sorry for what I said in the mission, but this is too much!"

"Shadow! I sent them to Sonic! Calm down!" She started laughing when I froze and blushed.

I shook my head to snap out of my thoughts then rubbed my face and asked calmly. "Why?" I hope she didn't know about the previous day. "And stop laughing." 

"Sonic told me about your talk yesterday, he thought I made you say all those things." Rouge smirked slightly. "To be honest I expected it."

I looked at her and raised a brow. "What do you mean?"

"Hun, do you think I'm stupid? I work at G.U.N. for a reason." She chuckled. "Your rings were shining in the room, I don't know how the others didn't spot you."

I sighed and slowly nodded. "So you're not mad at me for what I did at the mission?" I walked to my office to get my gun. 

"Oh, of course I am, you insulted me and Blue." Rouge rested back on the wall. "But I'll let it slide if you prove that you didn't mean it."

I walked outside and waited for her then locked the door and started walking to G.U.N. "How do I do that?"

"Not to me, to Sonic. It really hurt him, you know?" Rouge walked beside still on her phone, it's irritating to talk to someone while they're on their phone, it's like they're not listening.

I nodded and grabbed Rouge's phone to see who she's texting.

"Hey! Give it back!" Rouge shouted and tried to get it back. I raised a brow when I saw that she was texting Sonic.

-

6:02

Rouge: (Rouge sent a picture)
Rouge: You broke him already.

Sonic: I didn't! I just hugged him!

Rouge: Well, it's the first time I see him smile.

Sonic: So he's not acting?

Rouge: Pretty sure.

6:13

Rouge: He's not acting.

Sonic: How do you know that?

Rouge: I told him that I sent the picture to you and he blushed.

Sonic: So?

Rouge: He never blushes.

Sonic: I don't know...

Rouge: Aw, come on! He likes you!!

-

I was about to read more when Rouge took her phone back. "It's not polite to take other people's phone, you know!"

I rolled my eyes and didn't say anything back, I was thinking about Sonic. It hurt me to know that he didn't trust me, but I can't blame him, I've hurt and insulted him many, many times. I'm such an asshole.

"Hello? Do you hear me?" Rouge waved her hand in front of my face to snap me out of my thoughts. 

I slapped her hand away and growled lowly. "Cut it." I was mad at myself for everything that I've done. "You're not very polite either."

Rouge chuckled. "You started it, you insulted Sonic for being-" I quickly cut her off with a growl.

"I know what I did, now shut it. We're close to G.U.N." I didn't want anyone to know about Sonic, the commander won't spare him if he learns that he's gay, he doesn't care if someone's a good person, a murderer, a hero. If they're homosexual, they're a threat in his head.

"Right. Sorry." Rouge nodded and walked in the building, the soldiers welcomed her but didn't say a word to me. A usual morning if you ask me.

They're all scared of me. I'm the best agent they have, they should be scared, I don't want to have any friends, especially at work.

We walked in our office and groaned when we saw two massive piles of paperwork waiting for us on our desks. 

"Damnit." I mumbled and sat on the desk then started working, I wanted to go to Sonic and check on him, he was crying the previous night, I'm worried that he was crying because of me. I don't want to make him cry, I really don't.

"You okay Hun?" I quickly looked at Rouge, I realized an hour had passed and I was still on the first paper. I groaned and rubbed my face.

"No..." I knew I needed help if I wanted to go to Sonic, because with that pace I'll be here all day, but there's no way I'll ask for help. "Can you give me Sonic's number?" I asked, trying to sound casual like I didn't ask something that it's more than embarrassing to ask.

Rouge smirked and nodded. "Give me your phone." I looked at her with a serious expression.

"No. You give me your phone, I don't want you to mess everything up." I rolled my eyes as I tried to work while I talked.

"Excuse me? You need me." Rouge crossed her arms. "I can help you make it up to-" 

"Sh!" I cut her off again and glared at her then passed her my phone. "You better not do something you'll regret." 

Rouge chuckled. "Yeah, yeah. Whatever." She rolled her eyes and smirked as she typed Sonic's number to my phone then texted him.

I already regret this.