Chapter Thirteen

Let Justice Prevail  

Moses A. Orang'o  

Written by Moses A. Orang'o 

Edited & Revised by Ilona Gracia

Chapter Thirteen 

Section 1 

Congratulation Sir," Ojijo said to Abdi the moment he took a seat in his oval office. This room was bigger than his own office, which made him wonder what exactly this man did with all this space.  

"Congratulation for what," Abdi inquired seemingly bemused.  

"For winning of course, and I must admit that I am pretty much in the dark over what happened yesterday," Ojijo told him.  

It was on the seven o'clock news when Monday's death was announced. Apparently, he had written a confession before committing suicide. At the same time, the Attorney General had reported that all the allegations, leveled at Mr. Abdi, were all maliciously fraudulent and outrageous. Hence, he had no other option, but to terminate the whole case. The same story was published in the 'Daily Mirror' newspaper on that said day on January, Monday the 6th.  

"Listen Austin, I am not a winner," Abdi declared, although it seemed as if his thoughts were far beyond their conversation.  

"But you have just won the case," Ojijo expressed in a confused kind of way. He didn't quite comprehend Abdi's reaction to the entire matter.  

"Yes, but the case is over and with it is the support of my people," Abdi stated.  

"Have you not seen the crowd that is gathered outside your party's headquarters? I believe that is the largest crowd ever that one could get in such a short notice," Ojijo said defensively.  

"Yes, I agree with you Austin and I have also watched the news; I received calls from the public, colleagues, and also the media, but do you know how many registered voters there are? What do you propose for me to do, make them all hear the outcome of the case in the coming week?" Abdi asked.  

"For starters Sir," Ojijo replied, upon realizing this man needed assurance more than anything at that moment, "You could go to your party headquarters and celebrate with the people." Abdi was about to comment on that when his office phone rang.  

"Yes Millicent, what is it?" Ojijo asked his personal secretary while he placed his phone on speaker.  

"Sir, Mr. Kongoni Mwea wants to speak to you," Mr. Kongoni Mwea was the Party's Secretary General.  

"Put him through," Abdi instructed when he heard the voice on the other end offer him greetings.  

He responded by saying, "Hello to you too Mr. Mwea, how is it going so far?"  

"Everything is fine Sir. The party's members want to meet with you, Sir," Mr. Mwea reported.  

"Where and when?" Abdi inquired.  

"We had hoped to have a private meeting at the County Hall Hotel today at eleven. Afterward, we will go and address the crowd that is waiting at the party's headquarters. We believe by two o'clock in the afternoon news of your victory would have traveled far, and the crowd will have greatly increased in numbers. Congratulation Sir," Mr. Mwea finished.  

"Thank you, but don't you think by two o'clock the people will be worn out. According to the news, they started gathering there as early as seven o'clock this morning," Abdi reported.