Chapter Eight

Let Justice Prevail  

Moses A. Orang'o  

Written by Moses A. Orang'o 

Edited & Revised by Ilona Gracia

Chapter Eight 

Section 1 

When Jane called Ojijo to tell him just how right she had been about Abdi being guilty; Ojijo quickly took that opportunity to invite her for dinner. On his way to her residence, his mind was occupied with what he should say to her after such a long time. He had not invited her for dinner, or anything else, since their first date. It made him somewhat uneasy, and he thought of an excuse that he could give her once he got there. He had decided to hire a chauffeur and a limousine to pick her up - not because he could not afford his own but because of the mission ahead - he also wanted to fully concentrate on her, instead of the driving. Though, if it would had been just for him personally, he most definitely had chosen only one car and that of course would had been his known one, he just loved his car as it was a much more convenient vehicle for his purposes. When Jane came down to the living room she found him seated on the sofa. Her butler, Mr. Mburu, had invited him in already. She was dressed in a tight fitting, long, short sleeved white dress. It had a very long provocative slit, which left most of her brown right thigh exposed each time she took a step forward. In the front, the dress had a V-shaped neckline, revealing most of her bosom. Her shiny long hair hung loose and carefree across her shoulders, it brought forth her appealing, slightly round face. Her feet were dressed in black platform shoes that matched the color of her hair.  

"Are you ready to go?" She smiled at him as she stole his attention away from admiring her.  

"Yes I am. You are stunningly beautiful," Ojijo acknowledged - he ignored her extended hand and hugged her instead. She did not even attempt to resist. In fact, she clung onto him even more. Ojijo broke loose, and he resisted the urge to kiss her. He led her by the hand and they walked outside. She was a bit surprised to see the long dark vehicle and the chauffeur in a black suit. He opened the back door for them to enter. She entered first and moved over to afford Ojijo some room.  

"Your vehicle?" She inquired.  

"No, I hired it," he responded and then asked a question in return, "Do you like it?"  

She looked directly at him and probed by saying, "Yes I do, but why did you go through all the trouble?" She was very interested in what he had to say.  

"It's no trouble at all, really," Ojijo responded and he gazed back at her with a kind of a sheepish look.  

This made Jane wonder what would be in store for her for the rest of the night. They took their seats at a quiet table at the Windsor County Hotel. Their seating area was an elegant and rather inconspicuous section, not like previously where they sat at the center of attention. Jane did not waste any time and she came straight to the point by telling Ojijo how right she had been all along about Abdi's guilt.  

"Mr. Abdi is not guilty and the sooner you realize it the better," Ojijo said defensively.  

"Yes, but all evidence points at him," she justified her claim.  

"That is what the media reports, but the outcome is bound to shock all the doubting Thomases," Ojijo expressed with confidence.  

"You mean like me?" She pointed out and her eyebrows were slightly raised while she looked at him.  

"Yes like you," he responded but then quickly added, "Anyway, I did not ask you out for dinner to talk about the case."  

"Then why did you ask me out?" She inquired, "I thought that your silence meant it was only a one night stand," she added indignantly.