Chapter Four

Let Justice Prevail  

Moses A. Orang'o  

 Written by Moses A. Orang'o 

Edited & Revised by Ilona Gracia

Chapter Four 

Section 1 

Mr. Abdi Anwar Bashir began to worry about the way the case was progressing. He was certain that a match of his deposited seed, on the inside of Miss Eleanor Jonson Jabib's 'fertile garden', would be found. They did not use any protection while they made passionate love, because he was not fond of using it, especially not with a woman he had been with for so long - six months. Yes! It had been exactly six months since they first met at that party. He had always said a blessing for having been invited. Prior to that, he had never cheated on his wife of seventeen years. He loved her and their three children, two daughters and one son. Nevertheless, their sex life had dramatically deteriorated during their married life, and he no longer had the sexual desire he had once felt for her. That part of the relationship had come to an end. He could lay next to her, butt naked, and absolutely nothing would happen. If he had been somebody who opened up easily, he could have definitely make, or perhaps even break his marriage without a second thought. However, he was relieved of the latter since Eleanor had come just in time to rescue him. She was one of the many guests, invited to the wedding reception of the governor's daughter. She was a friend of the host's daughter and hence helped with the hosting. Abdi sat at a table with some of his friends; they had been busy chatting. They barely noticed the table right next to them, which was occupied by several young ladies. At his table were some well-respected businessmen, and if any of them had a dark side, he definitely hoped that it would never get out into the open. This could present big trouble for him and his well-established and well-recognized firm; it could certainly be used to tarnish his name, or even be turned into blackmail.  

'Welcome to the business world' he thought to himself. It is never just the shares in the stock market; it is a lot more than meets the eye. The value of the shares, on the other hand, was determined by the social life and status of the company owners, directors, and even managers. Once a reputation is ruined, one might as well just close their business doors as there will be nothing left for them. Suddenly, he noticed a very beautiful woman, who strangely enough sat exactly opposite of him. Her table was almost all the way to the back of the room. She directly faced him at the very moment when the best man tapped his champagne glass with a spoon calling for attention. Next to the best man's table was the table where Abdi had laid eyes on her. She shared the table with several other women, then past that, were some others, before reaching the table where the bridal's group was seated. As they all turned to look at what was happening, Abdi got a brief glimpse of her face before she turned to face the bridal group. The oval shape of her face - her dark, wavy, shoulder length hair and the stunning mocha complexion of her skin - left a lot to be desired for. Her facial features - almond shaped brown eyes, a perfectly aligned nose, and lips to die for - complimented her flawless complexion. Its magnificence left Mr. Abdi in a stage of wonderment. Even though, he could not see anything beyond the table, he did notice her beautifully rounded and firm breasts protruding from the top of her sexy and certainly inviting dress. Mr. Abdi instantly went into a trance. He began to lust after this woman who he had seen for the very first time. One could only pity him for what the lady's beauty did to him. She wore a long rose-color dress that had been creatively decorated along the top with a fancy rose design lace, which left her beautiful shoulders uncovered. She flexed her head back and forth, probably to relieve the strain on her neck; that is when she caught him stare at her. He was just about to dodge her to avoid getting caught, but too late. During the process of lowering his body, he caught a last second smile on her beautiful face. He smiled back at her, and then quickly looked around to see if anyone had noticed. When he saw that all other eyes were on the best man, he raised his right hand to his lips, kissed it and blew her a kiss; she replied with a smile. He gazed over her at the best man, indicating for her to do the same in order to avoid suspicion. This was very unlikely of a man of his caliber. In fact, being as well a married senior citizen, one would not expect this of him; unfortunately, he could not help but be intrigued with her beauty. It was as if he was drawn to her by magnetic forces. The best man's speech, which regrettably he did not grasp, was followed with a brief chanting and clapping. After that, she rose up from her chair and headed towards the door. Before she exited, she intentionally glanced over to him, as if she had given him a signal to follow her, then she left the room. His colleagues, drunk from the circulating wine, were still clapping and shouting. He excused himself and left the room. He found her on the balcony of the luxurious 'Royal Palms Grand Hotel' where the wedding reception was held. The entire first floor had been reserved for the reception only.