c h a p t e r • 33

-"stop staring. You look stupid."-

Lili's POV

I groaned and threw myself on my bed which was covered in scattered clothes from packing my stuff in about 10 minutes of shoving random stuff and clothes in my suitcase, then wrestling with the suitcase zip.

I laid on my back, staring at the ceiling which was covered in stars.

My mind found itself thinking about last Saturday's event when I found out Ryder had a sister.

After he told me, his expression changed from welcoming, to don't-talk-to-me. After a moment of silence and me trying to process the newfound information in my head, we carried on the game but I didn't bring up Anna, his sister, 'cause I could tell he didn't want to talk about it.

Now, here I am, packing my stuff for the football game at New York. I am also supposed to be ready before 7.30 but I'm sure I have plenty of time left.

I'm so tired and sleepy so I mean why not take a 5 minute rest.

I yawn and close my eyes as I feel myself going to sleep.

-•-

"Lili! We are leaving in less than 10 minutes, you better be ready!" Kyle yells.

Shit.

I tried jumping off my bed but ended up falling in the floor with a thud and groaning before looking for something to wear.

I found a black spaghetti strap crop top, one of Kyle's football team hoodie which was grey with the words 'Ridgewood High' on it and a pair of black leggings.

I wore the hoodie over the crop top and put on the leggings before putting on a little perfume on and spray some deodorant. Not forgetting to wear sunglasses to cover up my swollen eyes.

Thank God I decided to take a shower earlier.

I grab my phone which was charging on the nightstand and my other stuff before I practically stumbled out of my room with a suitcase, a backpack and a duffle bag, while I try to settle down the hurricane I call, my hair.

And that extra duffle bag is definitely not filled with food. Definitely...and so is my backpack. Totally, food-less.

"I'm here!" I say, stumbling but thankfully not tumbling down the stairs.

"Jeez, finally." Kyle says. "What the hell were you doing up there?"

"I dozed off, okay." I mutter, defending myself sheepishly.

"How are you always tired?" He asks in disbelief. "And why are you wearing sunglasses?"

"I'm not a hyper girl. I'm never not tired, physically and mentally." I state with a blank look.

"Okay, then. Let's go." He says pointing at the door.

And since, all he brought was a duffel bag and a backpack, I decided to shove my duffle bag into his free arm and walk ahead of him, to the garage.

I saw the jeep that we were supposed to use to go to school before we leave by bus.

"Who's sending us to school?" I ask Kyle who was effortlessly carrying his stuff and mine while I lean on the jeep.

"Dad." He says, loading the bags in the backseat.

"Where is-" I got cut off.

"I'm here, kids!" My dad jogs over in his work suit.

"Morning dad." I reach out to hug him.

"Morning, sweetpea." He hugs me back.

He does the same with Kyle before the three of us hops into the jeep with me at the backseat and both of them in the front.