𝖎𝖎. 𝖈𝖑𝖔𝖘𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖇𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖗

( 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬 )

𝙳𝙴𝚂𝙲𝙴𝙽𝙳𝙰𝙽𝚃𝚂 𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙴𝙴
CLOSING THE BARRIER FOREVER

𝙳𝙴𝚂𝙲𝙴𝙽𝙳𝙰𝙽𝚃𝚂 𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙴𝙴CLOSING  THE  BARRIER  FOREVER

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

( 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖓𝖊𝖝𝖙 𝖉𝖆𝖞 )

I WAS INFORMED OF THE EVENTS ABOUT HADES LAST NIGHT, I can't imagine what Mal could be feeling about her own father almost ruining VK Day for others. Mal had told me a while ago about the shocking reveal, I couldn't believe the amount of trust it must've taken her to tell me. Of course, Evie was one of the first people to know but considering that Carlos, Jay, and Ben didn't even know that secret of hers, it completely shocked me. Fairy Godmother, Mal, my brother, my parents, and I gather in a room to discuss the means of yesterday's events. "I think we all know why we're here," Father began, "The people are in a panic about Hades. He almost got out."

"Who knows what he would've done if he had escaped," Fairy Godmother declare.

"We can't risk having another villain on the loose," Father warns.

"I really feel like this is my fault," Mal claims, "I'm supposed to protect Auradon."

"You did. You do protect Auradon," Ben defends trying to make Mal feel a little less bad about the situation, but I could tell in her eyes she will always blame herself until she solves it herself.

"Every time we open the barrier, we're exposed to danger. Maleficent, Uma, Hades," Father exclaims about the following villains which have destroyed many events. My phone and Ben's phone goes off, he rummages through his pockets before he finally finds it and turns his back towards the rest of us. I already had my phone out so when I checked the text, my eyes widen.

Ben turned back towards us and eyes me knowing that we got the exact news but who was going to break it to the rest of the group, I nod towards Ben as he was older by a couple of minutes so he should be the one to carry the news and plus, I wasn't good at delivering bad news to people, it pretty much turns worse when I deliver it. "Maleficent's sceptre and the Queen's crown have been stolen," Ben's voice was filled with worry as everyone gasped in the room.

"Uma," Father was quick to blame her after what happened last year.

"We don't know that, Dad," I advise as Father hoped for the worst.

"When the people hear this, they will never want to leave their houses. What do we tell them?" Mother trembles in her words. Anyone could tell that she was afraid after all her and father built Auradon and she didn't need villains to come in and destroy the better life they made for everyone. "Mal... what do we do? How do we keep evil out of Auradon?"

Mal held this longing look on her face because she knew that either answer would have a consequence no matter what. Her eyes make it towards mine before she speaks, "I think there's only... one way to guarantee their safety. And I think that there... can't be anymore going in and out. I think that we have to close the barrier... forever."

All the adults nodded their heads agreeing with Mal but for Ben and I, we kind of just stood there in shock that that was what came out of Mal after everything and all the promises we made. "No," Ben and I cry softly. I walk away before anyone could reach me. I could hear the voices calling out for Ben and I but I couldn't bother stopping for them to tell me an excuse.

I shut the door behind me before Mal could reach my hand to stop me but I listen in on everything, "Hey. I do not want to take away yours and Beatrice's dream, because it was so beautiful and it is why I fell in love with you. And why your sister is one of my best friends. But as King and as Queen, what's our duty?"

"To protect Auradon. But you know what this would mean? All those kids. Are you prepared for that?" Ben asks softly knowing the consequences of closing the barrier forever.

"I know what it means. And, no, I'm not prepared for it," Mal admits. From her voice, you can tell she was broken inside. We all made promises to give children in the Isle a chance at Auradon. "I just think that we have no other choice."

I couldn't bother listening anymore or my heart will literally break into two pieces. I run off to Evie's starter castle, as she liked to call it. I couldn't tell her that we were closing the barrier because that was not my place to tell her. I enter Evie's house, "Hello, is anyone home?" I call out.

"Boo!" Evie giggles as she successfully scared me. She pulled my body towards her little greenhouse which was filled with her fashion ideas and items to make the designs even possible. A slam of the front door echoed throughout the house. Evie and I quickly ran to the front to see a discouraged Mal in front of the doorway.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

( 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊 )
hi, i just wanted to declare something. so with mal being the future queen
in the actual descendants three movie, i've decided that the unrealistic
part of this book would be that there are two queens now. so obviously beatrice was pronounced queen in the first part of the book and now mal is just joining in.