Shift

SOMETHINGS MAY HAVE CHANGED SINCE THE FIRSTS TIME I POSTED THIS

Chapter Seven

Just sayin but I love this pic!

It's been exactly four hours and twenty one minutes since we've shifted. I could feel Star settling down. Stark seemed more relaxed too. Mom had left to get us something to eat. Dad went to clear things up with everyone. Grandpa James and grandma Lilian were the only ones with us.

Grandpa James told us the story of his first shift. After grandpa finished grandma Lilian asked us if we wanted to know hers. Close to the end of grandmas story mom walked in. Holding two huge platters of all sorts of food.

Adam, well Stark laid down on his belly closing his big eyes. His fur dissolved into his skin. His snout shrinking and returning to normal. Adam was laying on the patted floor in his birthday suite. Pretty ironic since it was our birthday.

Then I felt Star controlling my actions. Doing the same as Stark had. She laid down on her belly and closed our eyes.

Thank you Avery for allowing me to become apart of you.

Your welcome Star. Thank you for choosing me.

I'm returning to your mind. You're going to be in control.

So were switching back?

Yes.

Well what took so long? I joked with Star.

Then I opened my eyes and was back in my normal state. I put the jumpsuit on. Adam was already digging into his plate. My stomach roared and I began to eat my food.

"How do you feel?" Adam said with a mouth full of unchewed food.

"Good. It felt..." I couldn't find the right word.

"Right?" Adam smiled after swallowing his food.

"Exactly." I grinned.

I had the worst feeling swarm over me. I heard Star howling with pain. A black cloud covered my senses. I rolled onto the floor. Another agonizing scream screeched from my throat. Pain washed over me again.

I didn't understand what was happening to me. I had already shift and Adam wasn't reliving his pain. Fear consumed my emotions. All my pain I felt while I was shifting was heightened. It all went into my back full force.

"Avery?!" Adam yelled running to the bars that spilt our cells.

I couldn't reply all I could do was scream and cry. He started to pull on the bars but they didn't budge.

"What's happening?" Adam cried.

"I don't know." Mom looked at him then back at me. "Avery what's wrong? Is Star trying to shift back?"

With as much energy I could use I shook my head no.

"Sis!" Adam yelled at me. "Damn it someone let me out of here!"

My eyes blurry I looked over at him. His eyes were a bright gold. I knew it was Stark wanting to come back out and check on me and Star. Another intense sharp jab exploded from my back. I screamed sobs breaking from my lips.

I tried breathing through them but nothing worked. The pain was getting harder to ignore. I felt something creep up my throat. I puked up blood. My nose dripping blood too. My ears started to throb an I held my eyes shut.

Suddenly I was back laying on my stomach with my back arched up. I drew my hands in fists, gritting my teeth together. I seen red. Not from anger but from pain and bloody tears smearing down my face. Blood soaked the floor in puddles.

I heard someone come into the room. Two pairs of footsteps had entered the room, meaning two people. I couldn't concentrate or gather enough strength to look to see who. The pain in my back turned excruciating. I screamed and gasped for air.

I felt the flesh in my back stretching and ripping again. My bones weren't breaking but were growing out of my back. I bite back another sob but failed. My cries were getting softer, not as loud. This pain wasn't nothing like the pain I felt when I shifted.

The pain was too intense and I was feeling overwhelmed. I gave in to the pain and let myself be pulled into the darkness.

"Avery!" I heard someone call to me before all my senses were cut off.

I fell into a deep sleep.

I know this was short! What do you guys think is happening to Avery? Seem familiar too ya? *(Sneaky giggle)* comment & vote!!!!

I'm singing:

Well I just heard, the news today
Seems my life, is gonna change
I'll close my eyes, begin to pray
Then tears of joy, stream down my face
With arms wide open, under the sun light
Welcome to this place, I'll show you everything
With arms wide open...with arms wide open
Well I don't know, if I'm ready
To be the man, I have to be
I'll take a breathe, I'll take her by my side
-Creed, With Arms Wide Open
❤️❤️One of my old favorites ❤️❤️

Next Chapter Hint:

🙊