|| Chapter 14 ||

Edited

"Zayn, what the hell! Bring me back to Harry right now. I don't want to go back home yet."

"Well, it's a damn good thing I'm not taking you home."

I was still kind of sick so being out in the cold air wasn't really a good thing. I coughed, right into Zayn.

"Don't be a bitch."

"Don't be a bitch," I mimic.

"This is gonna be a long car ride." Zayn says, while opening a door. He sets me in the seat and shuts the door.

I try opening it but it's locked from the outside.

"Stupid child-lock."

"Buckle up. I don't need you dying on me if anything happens."

I wanted to mimic him but I felt something bad would happen if I did; so I just buckled the seatbelt and rested my head on the cold window.

"Zayn?"

"What?"

"Where are we going?"

"Somewhere."

I stayed silent, knowing he really didn't want to talk to me. Oh well, who cares what he wants.

"Zayn?"

"What?"

"Why?"

"You don't need to know."

"Okay."

I fell asleep after that.

. . .

Harry's POV

"Calm down, mate. We'll find her. We always do," Louis said.

"We always find the girls that run away, Lou. We've never had one who was actually taken. How do you know we'll find her?"

"Well, I may or may not have put a tracking device on her phone."

I look at him. "You did or you didn't. Which one is it, Louis?"

"I did."

"Well then let's go! Pull up the tracker and let's go get Ashley back."

"Styles, I swear you're in love with this girl."

"I might be, Lou. I might be."

. . .

Zayn's POV

Ashley had finally fallen asleep and I finally had some peace and qui-.

Riiinnnggg
Riiinnnggg
Riiinnnggg

I was waiting for that to happen. It was Zach, yeah I need to answer this.

"Hello?"

"Malik. You got the girl?"

"Yeah, I have her."

"Good, don't do anything to her. Leave her be."

"I know, Zach. You're the boss."

"Good. See you tomorrow, Malik."

"Yeah, bye."

I hang up the phone and shove it into my pocket. Ashley stirred in her sleep. Afraid that she'd wake up, I covered her with a blanket and turned on some quiet music.

Say Something by A Great Big World and Christina Aguilera came on. I sang softly to it, watching Ashley and the road at the same time.

Ashley continued to sleep throughout the ride. It was now 11 PM and I was hungry so I went to a McDonalds drive threw.

"Ashley."

"..."

"Ashley."

"..."

"Ashley!"

"What?" She mumbles, trying to go back to sleep.

"Do you want something to eat?"

"Where?" She asks.

"McDonalds." I reply, waiting to be shot down and asked to go somewhere healthier.

"I want a Big Mac, large fry, and a chocolate milkshake."

"Damn girl. You can eat."

"Excuse me?"

"No! Oh god, I didn't mean that in a bad way. I meant it in a good way, promise!"

Ashley laughs, "I know what you meant, Malik. I was just messing with you."

"Shut it, Stone."

"Welcome to McDonalds, my name is Sarah. May I take your order?"

"Yeah. I'd like two Big Macs, two large fries, and two chocolate shakes."

"Will that complete your order?"

"Yeah."

"That'll be $12.50. Please pull up to the next window."

"Thanks."