|| Chapter 12 ||

Edited

Zayn's POV

I was planning on visiting Harry and Ashley today. Maybe I could say something to make her wary about Harry. If that happened it would make it easier for me to convince her to escape.

Riiinnnggg
Riiinnnggg

I flip my phone over and look at the screen. It was Allyson. I answer the call.

"Hello?"

"Zayn, good. I wasn't sure if you'd pick up or not."

"What do you want, Allyson?" I ask, waiting for her to get to the point.

"How soon do you think you can get Ashley to leave?"

"It won't happen in a day. That's all I know. These things take time. Especially now that he's gained some of her trust."

"Well make it quick. Her parents just put up an ad saying that whoever finds her and brings her back to them gets $1,500. Who knows how much they'd pay to make sure she gets back unharmed if they knew we had her."

"Whatever Allyson. You'll get your money no matter how we give her back, if we give her back. That's all up to Zach, hopefully you're smart enough to remember that."

"Yeah, right." She mumbles through the phone. "Of course. It's all up to Zach. I didn't forget."

"Okay.. I gotta go now Allyson. Bye." I say, pressing the 'end call' button.

. . .

Harry's POV

I wake up to Ashley cuddled in my side, still coughing. I smile sadly and then carefully untangle myself from her so I could take a shower.

Once I had finally gotten out of the bed I grabbed a clean towel from the closet and entered the bathroom, shutting and locking the door behind me.

Pulling the shower curtain back I twist the knob and water pours out of the shower head. I close the curtain and then strip down, setting my towel on the counter. The hot water consumes me as I enter the shower.

I wash my hair and body before shutting the water off and stepping out into the, now steamy, bathroom. I grab the towel from the counter and proceed to dry myself off.

After wrapping the towel around my waist, I unlock the door and walk out of the bathroom and to the closet. When I enter the room I notice that Ashley's missing from the bed.

The drawers to my dresser were left open which means Ashley had taken some clothes. I was right. Once I had searched through it I noticed that a pair of my sweatpants were missing and that one of my shirts was gone too.

Chuckling, I change into some sweatpants that were loose at my hips and, not bothering with a shirt, I head downstairs.

I walked down the steps to see Ashley and Zayn on the couch talking. Ashley had a worried look on her face and once she saw me I noticed she threw on a fake smile.

. . .

Ashley's POV

I felt Harry moving to get out of the bed but kept my eyes closed anyways. I was still really tired and being sick didn't help anything.

After trying to fall back asleep I got up and opened Harry's dresser. I grabbed a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt, his favorite one to be exact. I changed into them and then walked downstairs.

I turned on the TV and switched the channel to Nickelodeon where SpongeBob was playing.

About five minutes later there was a knock on the door. I groaned and got up from my comfy spot, checking to see who it was before I opened it.

"Hey Zayn, come on in." I say, shutting the door behind him. I make my way back to my spot on the couch and mute the kiddy show.

"Hey. Are you feeling any better? Harry told us you were sick." He replies, sitting down next to me.

"Yeah, I guess so. Did you need to talk to him? I can go get him for you if it can't wait, he's only in the shower."

"No, it's fine. Actually, I came here to talk to you about something."

"Oh, okay. What's up?" I ask.

"Well, what would you say if I told you that I had a way to get you away from Harry and back to your family?"

"I'd say to stop lying and to stop trying to get me in trouble with Harry."

"Here's the thing, Ashley. I'm not lying to you. I have a way to get you out of here and I'm going to get you out of here. With or without your permission." Zayn says, putting a piece of paper into my hand.

Right after Harry comes downstairs. I shoot up from my position in the couch and run straight towards him, wanting to get as far away from Zayn as possible.

"Hey, love. What's wrong?"

"N-Nothing's wrong." I stutter. Damn you mouth, why do you make me stutter whenever I lie.

Harry gives me a weird look. He, of course, knows that I stutter whenever I'm lying. "Okay then."

"So, Zayn, what did you need?" He asks, wrapping an arm around my waist.

"Oh, nothing. Just had something I needed to tell Ashley." Zayn says, giving me look.

"Y-Yeah." I say, cursing at myself for stuttering again.

"I'll be going now." Zayn reaches for the door handle and twists it. He walks out and shuts it behind him, very loudly might I add.

"Okay, Ashley. What the hell did he say to you?" Harry asks, moving his arm from my waist. He turns me around so I'm facing him.

"I- He- Zaynsaidhewasgoingtotakeme." I rush out.

"Ashley, slow down. Zayn said he was going to what?" Harry asks more calmly.

"Zayn said that he was going to take me." I whisper loud enough for him to hear.

"He was going to take you where?"

"Away from you."

. . .

Hey guys, thank you all so much for 2.6K reads! It means so much to me, you have no idea. All the support makes me want to keep writing and to learn how to become a better writer too.

QOTC: What's your favorite non-Wattpad book?
AOTC: Currently, mine is Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas.

- Emma