|| Chapter 10 ||

Edited

Allyson's POV

Zach had asked me to meet him at the park in five minutes so I got in my car and headed over after my parents interrogated me on where I was going.

Yes, I know what you're all thinking. You're Ashley's best friend! Why would you be working with Zach, the person who wants her dead?

Well, I've never liked Ashley. It's all been an act. My friendship to her has been anyways, I can't speak for her.

I got there five minutes after Zach told me to get there.

"You're late."

"Sorry, I got held up. My parents were butting into my life. They wanted to know where I was going."

"Make sure it doesn't happen again. I don't have all day, you know." He says.

"Yeah, I know. I'm sorry. So what did you want to talk to me about?" I ask, curiously.

He normally didn't do this. Usually he'd hold a meeting with everyone, not just talk to someone one on one.

"We've got a lead on Ashley. A guy that works at The Smash bar spotted her a few days ago after work." Zach says, motioning for me to sit down next to him on the bench.

"That's great! What do you need me to do?" I ask.

"I need you to talk to the guy from the bar. See which way she came from or which way she walked."

"Alright, what's his name?"

"Zayn Malik."

. . .

Ashley's POV

"Ashley! It's time for your bathroom break," Harry says from outside the door. "I'm coming in! If you're not decent then cover yourself with a sheet or something!"

He unlocks the door and walks in. I had been in the exact same thing for five days already. Black leggings from PINK and my white galaxy 5SOS tank top.

"Look, Ashley, I know you hate this as much as I do but I told you that you're not aloud to cuss at me. This is your punishment, just be happy it's not something worse than this."

I stay silent, ignoring him like I had been doing since the first day.

'Only two more days, Ashley.' I think to myself. 'Only two more days of being stuck in this room.'

Harry follows behind me until I enter the bathroom and shut the door. I use the toilet and then brush my teeth. Once I'm done I open the door and walk straight back to the room. Harry sighs and apologizes one more time before he shuts the door and locks it behind him.

The past few days have been absolutely horrible. I've been stuck in this room with nothing to do so I've resorted to being a crazy person by talking to myself.

I mean, it's not like I have much of a choice. I refuse to talk to Harry, and even if I didn't I wouldn't be able to because he's only here when he brings me food. Or when he takes me for my bathroom breaks every two hours.

It fucking sucks. If it wasn't for Harry I wouldn't even be here in the first place. Why me of all people? I'm nothing special.

Thirty minutes later Harry comes back into my room. He sits next to me and a couple minutes pass before a small smile forms on my lips.

"Harry?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry too."

. . .

Harry's POV

I keep trying to get through to Ashley but she won't let me. She won't let me explain. All she does is ignore me, she doesn't even look at me anymore. If only she knew the truth. That would change everything. She wouldn't be mad at me anymore. Or, well, not as mad.

This all happened when Mia showed up and fed Ashley all those lies. If I had been here this never would've happened.

'Great job, Harry. You've brought this onto yourself and now you have to deal with the consequences.'

Maybe I should try a different way of approaching her. I could write her a letter explaining everything. Yeah, let's do that.

I'll watch her read it too so I know she doesn't just pretend to read it or just crumble it up and not read it at all.

"Great idea, Harry." I say to myself.

I get out a pen and a piece of notebook paper. I set myself down at the table and start writing.

Ashley,

You probably think that I'm a total dick right now but trust me, it's not what it looks like. Mia and I aren't dating. We used to, but we aren't anymore. I swear. The girl just can't take a hint or accept the fact that I broke it off with her. I promise you that I would never do something like that to intentionally hurt you. I'll try to get the key back from her and if I can't then I'll change the locks on the doors. Promise. Just talk to me Ashley. Or at least look at me. Please?

Harry

I read the letter over and decide that it was good enough. Standing up, I walk upstairs and unlock the door to Ashley's room.

She doesn't look at me but I can still tell that she knows of my presence in the room. I walk over and sit down next to her on the bed. I take her hand into mine and set the letter in it.

"Read it. I'm not leaving until you do." I tell her, softly.

Ashley nods, opening the letter. I watch as her eyes scan over every word, a small smile forming on her face. She looks up at me.

"Harry?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry too."

I pull her into me and hug her.

"I really am sorry, Ashley." I say, tucking a piece of hair that fell out of her bun behind her ear.

"I know. I am too. I really really am. I'm sorry for cursing at you as well. I was just upset." Ashley says.

"It's okay. All is forgiven. But you still have to carry out this punishment. The message needs to go through that you aren't aloud to disobey my rules."

"Yeah, I know." She mutters.

"Okay. I'll see you in about an hour with lunch."

"Okay."

. . .

Zayn's POV

I watch Harry and Ashley forgive each other through one of the monitors. I had set up video cameras in the guest room.

'Great job guys. You just made my job even harder.'

Yes, I am in Harry's gang. Yes, I am "friends" with him. Yes, I am a traitor.

Before I became "friends" with Harry and joined his gang I worked with Zach. I still work with Zach.

I want Ashley gone as much as he does. I just can't let anyone know or figure that out. Because if they do, I'm dead.

. . .

Hey guys, thanks for 1K! I hope you enjoyed the chapter :)

- Emma