Chapter Thirty Five

Oops, sorry it has been so long :(

-----------------

Alone time was an essential component to a relationship, even if it meant spending the weekend a little over an hour away from home in a hotel. At home alone time was hard to come by, if there wasn't a child needing attention then it was somebody or something else. Even when they tried to get time alone at home, Zac and Brielle could never seem to make it happen for more than a few minutes. At first Brielle had thought her husband was nuts, wanting to drive to Oklahoma City just to get away from the house, but after spending time with nobody but Zac around she had quickly saw things his way.

They hadn't had time to spend on another since their honeymoon. They had their moments of alone time, but this was different and Brielle liked it. Lying in the plush bed, in the middle of their room the previous evening she had told Zac that this was something she wanted more often. It didn't have to be a weekend away, maybe even a weekend where they stayed home and kicked everybody out without communication. When they arrived at their hotel, Zac only had one rule: no communication with any friends or family unless it was an emergency.

Phones had been left on vibrate in case of emergencies, but they never came out of their respected places. During dinner, they didn't have that distraction. Zac had made reservations for the two of them to enjoy dinner out, it was nice being able to enjoy a meal and not worry about rushing home or who would call. During their morning, lazing in bed together once again that distraction was gone. If Brielle had gotten her way, she never would have set foot outside of the room until it was time to leave; Zac told her they had to leave the room at least twice, mostly because it wouldn't be fair to other patrons who weren't getting laid all weekend.

Zac's immature and goofy sense of humour was something Brielle had missed terribly. In recent months it seemed as though there was no place for laughter in their home, which was a little more than upsetting. Zac loved making people laugh, his outgoing humour was one of the things Brielle loved so much about him. His ability to make her laugh in any situation was something she adored and envied. Sometimes she could only wish to be as laid back and funny as Zac.

"You know, when we left home two days ago this was supposed to be over night." Zac pointed out, pulling his bag off of the floor and sitting it on the bed.

"Yes, I know, but I just couldn't get enough of you." Brielle winked, grabbing her own bag.

Brielle had wined that one night away wasn't enough, which sent Zac immediately to the front desk asking for their room a few extra days.

"When we left, you were the one who didn't want to come." Zac pointed out, teasingly nudging Brielle in the side. "I'm happy you came though." he smiled, leaning in to kiss his wife he groaned feeling his phone in his pocket. Pulling out the phone, Zac held it up to show Kate's number.

"Take it!" Brielle urged him with a slight nod.

Gathering things to put back in her overnight bag, Brielle couldn't help but overhear Zac's phone call. He was standing a few feet away from her, by the way he was talking she knew it was Junia. Not hearing from the kids, even for a few days was hard on him. Brielle knew he'd miss them like crazy while he was on tour, she felt bad for her husband knowing that each time he left it tore him apart.

"That was Junia." Zac informed his wife, with a smile.

Being away from the kids, even for a night or two, was always too long for Zac. Going on tours was a hard thing, but it was life. In some way it terrified Zac to know his children, along with Taylor and Isaac's would grow up assuming it was normal to spend so much time away from their fathers. In many ways, it was their normal, it didn't mean it hurt any less leaving them for weeks and sometimes months at a time.