Chapter Thirty Six

I'm not feeling this, but here is it

-----------------

The Hanson family home was filled with noise, laughter, and general chaos when Zac stepped through the front door. Reminding Junia and Shepherd to hang their jackets and kick off their shoes, before running to play with their cousins, Zac knelt down to help Abe do the same. When Abe was free of his shoes and jacket, he stood up and dashed off after his older siblings. Hanging Abe's jacket up along with his own and piling his families' shoes together, Zac headed off to find the other adults.

In the kitchen the house was buzzing with chatter and laughter, Zac immediately spoke to his mother first. Greeting his sisters and sister-in-law next, Zac acknowledged Isaac's presence as well, giving him a nod. They were all gathered around taking care of various tasks, had Brielle been with him, she would have managed to worm her way into the thick of it all. She loved to help. She always teased that Zac's large family was one of her main reasons for marrying him. Today, Brielle had been left at home, complaining over the last couple of days that she wasn't feeling well. Pushing Zac to take the kids to his parent's for dinner, she assured him if anything became urgent that he would be the first person she called.

Not allowing her son to sit idle, Diana directed him to a spot next to Isaac, instructing both of her sons to peel and cut carrots. Taking a seat along side Isaac, Zac grabbed a few carrots and set them on the table in front of him.

"Where is Brielle?" Jessica asked noticing her brother was without his wife.

"She's not feeling well." Zac answered with a slight frown. "I'm kind of worried, I don't want to leave her sick."

"I'm sure it's nothing, she'll be fine before you go." Avery reassured him, patting Zac on the shoulder.

"You're right, I'm sure she'll be fine." Zac agreed. Lies. He was leaving the next afternoon, although there was a chance Brielle would be feeling better it was unlikely.

"I'll make sure to check in on her." Diana kissed her son's cheek. "You have enough to worry about, don't worry about things here."

"Brielle will be fine, it isn't like she'll be entirely alone. Jenna will be at the house with her." Isaac spoke up. He hadn't spoke to Jenna since he informed her they were taking a break, a few days ago. Through Zac, he knew that Jenna was back at Zac and Brielle's. She'd stay there until she found some other place to go, or hopefully, she'd find her way back to Isaac's.

"You're alone too, where is Jenna?" Diana questioned her oldest son.

"We're taking a break." Isaac spoke, shocked his voice hadn't wavered as he imagined it would. He hadn't told his parents that little detail yet. It had been his idea, but it didn't make it easier.

Avery frowned, hugging her oldest brother, she was fairly close to Jenna and had got most of the details already. "Chin up, I don't think this will be long, but it is a good idea."

Jessica gave him a sympathetic look and Natalie muttered some sort of apology. Taking a break was a good thing, Isaac had convinced himself of that. Couples had issues, some times being together too much and too soon was a bad combination.

"Some couples need breaks, you won't be the first to take one and you won't be the last." Natalie smiled, hoping to help the situation even the tiniest bit.

"We'll see." Isaac was hoping to close the subject. "In the mean time, Jenna and I are apart and until she decides what she wants, we'll stay that way."

"I really hope this has nothing to do with Luke." Jessica wondered out loud. "Mac mentioned that he has been seeing somebody else. If Luke is happy, then good for him, but it'd be awful if this is what is upsetting Jenna."