Chapter Twelve

secrets and lies...well now

-----------------

Brielle had confessed to Jenna that things with Zac had been rocky, whether or not they'd been intimate, he still would have found a reason to hate her once again. Jenna didn't think Zac hated his wife, he was only stressed out and when things crumbled, Brielle was the person he loved the most. People took things out on the ones they loved the most. Whatever Zac's reasons, Brielle was getting annoyed with him and Jenna knew it would only be a matter of time before Brielle gave Zac a piece of her mind.

In the mean time, Zac was sleeping in Shepherd's room, while Brielle slept in their own. Neither one was talking to the other; a perfect opportunity to avoid each other came around when Kate picked Junia and Abe up for the weekend. Brielle didn't bother to speak to Kate, she had bid her step-children farewell and then walked out the door, Jenna wasn't entirely sure but she was pretty certain Brielle had headed for the gym. A place Brielle hardly ever went, people did odd things when they were stressed.

Zac had said good bye to his children, hugging and kissing them both, before allowing their mother to have them. Watching them go, he wore a mask, one which portrayed strength, when underneath he was crumbling at the idea of Kate taking them. Now Jenna sat in the kitchen, on her own, looking through her laptop while Zac was somewhere in the house. She was flipping through countless topics about her cousin and his wife, when she looked up to see Isaac striding into the room.

"Jenna." Isaac spoke, happily knocking his knuckles against the counter top to gain her attention. "Lovely to see you this morning." He kissed her cheek.

"You as well, Ike." Jenna chirped closing her laptop and sliding off her stool. "I have some fresh scones, want one?"

"I'd love one." Isaac answered pulling the warm blueberry scone off of the plate Jenna was holding out.

"What do I owe the pleasure this morning? Is this a venture of business or pleasure?" Jenna asked taking a scone for herself and sliding onto the stool next to Isaac.

"A venture of pleasure, with potential for business." Isaac answered with a smirk.

"Hmm, care to explain?"

"Pleasure, because it is always a pleasure to see you." Isaac answered, grinning like a fool. "Business because I am here to talk with Zac about upcoming tour plans."

"Tour plans?" Jenna poked at the subject. She rarely discussed their business, or career with any of them. It came down to her not wanting to discuss something that every other person in the world would want to talk about. "Shouldn't Tay be here for those?"

Isaac nodded, finishing off his scone. "Yes but Viggo, River, and Willa are sick and Natalie had to go out today. Tay said something about Nat going with Brielle."

"Daddy Duty." Jenna added with a giggle. Curiosity peaked at the mention of Brielle, but she let it go. "So, more about this tour please. Is it soon? I mean, I don't have any pull in this but as a concerned patron of this circle, is it wise to take Zac away right now?"

"No." Isaac shook his head frantically. "Oh hell no, that would be suicide as far as his issues with Kate go. We won't be going until the fall. It is only a short tour, three weeks in Canada and then home for the holidays."

It sounded simple enough.

"We'd be leaving in October, around Zac's birthday; we'd be coming back a few days before mine. Nothing too extensive, multiple shows in a few cities, hit a few new cities as well. The everyday standard run of the mill tour." Isaac continued with a shrug.

He had never discussed a tour plan with Jenna before, Isaac understood why. The minute he started talking her shiny blue eyes glazed over and she looked like she was about to nod off any minute. Chuckling as she nodded, trying to be polite, he stopped talking about the plans for their fall tour opting to begin talking about how Everett claimed to have seen a space ship earlier that morning. Isaac knew he had lost Jenna completely, when he had said something about the aliens and she informed him it wasn't nice to call Canadians mean names.