Chapter Thirty One

I want to say, I am so amazed at the love this is getting.

-----------------

Tulsa was a little bit cooler than when they had left for New York, a sure sign that fall was around the corner. The days would soon grow shorter and the weather chillier, not that it bothered Brielle. She loved the weather that the autumn season brought, being from one of the most northern parts of the country, Tulsa's winters were fairly easy on her. Inside the house was slightly warmer than the air outside, passing the living room Brielle smiled and sighed seeing the fire place lit, one of her favourite features in her home. Gently placing his hand on the small of her back, Zac kissed her cheek and moved forward with their luggage.

The smell of the wood fire was comforting, it smelled like home, a warmth that spread through out the house touching every person inside the dwelling. Lazily following her husband into the kitchen, Brielle smiled upon seeing Jenna sitting at the island in the middle of their kitchen. She had half expected Jenna to be at Isaac's waiting for his return. Zac had given up on his task of taking their suitcases upstairs in favour of joining Jenna at the counter.

"I didn't expect you to be home yet." Jenna confessed she looked rather bummed out. Her hair was starting to grow out, which was pushed out of her face in a head band, her sweat pants and tshirt looked as if they had saw better days with their wrinkles.

"You're up late." Brielle commented sitting her purse down on the counter. Flipping her hair over her shoulder, she joined her husband at the counter.

"Why so glum?" Zac asked, reaching for a spoon and digging into the container of ice cream Jenna had in her hand.

Glaring at Zac, Jenna frowned and moved the ice cream closer to her. Who did he think he was? Stealing her ice cream. She wrinkled her nose at him, as if snarling before Zac reached out further successfully shoving his spoon into the tub of cookie dough.

"I lost my job." Jenna replied with a huff.

"What?" Brielle was taken back.

"Why" Zac asked the next question, his ice cream half way to his mouth. "What happened?" he frowned watching his wife take his spoon and finish his stolen ice cream. Brielle ignored Zac's look, shoving the spoon back in the container and pulling out a spoonful for herself.

Lacy, Jenna's boss, had been friends with Nikki for several years and the nagging feeling that Nikki and Isaac's divorce had something to do with this hit Brielle. Maybe she could be blamed for Isaac throwing away his marriage and going after a woman ten years his junior.

"Lacy is moving, she's moving to Vermont. Nobody wants to live in fucking Vermont!" Jenna exclaimed loudly. "She's selling and I have no job."

"Oh." Brielle responded rather quietly, a relief lifting off of her. "When is she moving?"

"In three weeks, she gave us a two week notice." Jenna explained, twirling her spoon around between her fingers. "I'm not even sure that's legal, but that is how it is going down. Now I am jobless, homeless, and might as well fucking go back to Bangor. Nobody wants to go back to Bangor!"

Zac rolled his eyes at the dramatics, leave it to Jenna to make such a huge deal out of something so easily fixed. Sure, she loved her job, but if it was a job she wanted then Zac was certain he could help her find one. Informing Jenna that they could always use help at the studio, Zac was hopeful it would ease her upset. Adding that she wasn't homeless and could continue to live with them, he glanced at Brielle waiting for her to add something, anything, to ease Jenna.

"I can always use help here, I told you before that we wouldn't kick you out. I meant it then, I mean it now. You can stay with us, as long as you need." Brielle added with a smile.