Chapter Forty Three

imma just leave this here...

-----------------

Eric Hutchings was still very much a stranger to Jenna, but he was right. If something in life didn't scare the living hell out of a person, then was it really worth doing? On her drive home Jenna thought about all the things in life that had scared her and how most of them had been worth the risks she had taken. Of course there would always be the select few which she had run away from, they were probably some of the biggest risks and would possibly even be the biggest regret some day.

Then again, life was funny and had a weird way of working itself out. There were times when you thought things were going great and then they turned out horribly wrong. This wasn't to be left out by the times it did the exact opposite. At the current moment in time, Jenna sat on a very rickety fence so to speak. One on side the risk she was about to take could turn out horribly wrong. On the other, maybe it wouldn't be as bad as she was expecting it to be.

Parking the car in the drive way, Jenna was somewhat relieved to find Zac's truck wasn't home, only Brielle's cars.Ideally both Zac and Brielle would be gone, although it was possible it was unlikely. Kate had the kids and if the husband and wife were leaving, Brielle would have forced Zac into letting her take the new car. Jenna wanted to be alone, which is why she had come here and not Isaac's house. If she wanted to be alone, then Brielle was the best person to leave her be.

"Zac?" Brielle called out when she heard the front door.

"Last I checked, I wasn't." Jenna called back, kicking her shoes off.

"Oh, sorry. I thought maybe it was Zac home early." Brielle's tone was lower and closer.

"Nope, just me. I stopped to get a few things." Jenna lied partially. There were a few things at the house she needed, but mostly she wanted to avoid Isaac. Avoiding Isaac meant avoiding the few issues that she realized she needed to deal with. Damn Eric Hutchings and his rational outlook on life.

"Well, good to see you." Brielle smiled when Jenna walked by the living room. "How are things with the studio?"

"Lots of paper work." Jenna answered with a snort. "Do they ever file anything?"

"Probably not." Brielle giggled from her seat on the sofa.

"Typical." Jenna rolled her eyes, picking a seat in the arm chair on the other side of the room. Folding into the comfortable chair, she leaned her head back and groaned.

"Long day?" Brielle asked, picking up a cup of tea and taking a sip.

Jenna shrugged. "I guess." she sat up a bit straighter, clearing her throat. "I saw Eric Hutchings today. Crazily enough we had a fairly decent chat."

Brielle didn't say anything, waiting for Jenna to continue. Licking her lips nervously before she continued, Jenna quickly debated to leave out the part where Eric had mentioned Kate being his fiancee. If Brielle didn't know, then Jenna didn't want to be the one who opened that can of worms.

"He seems like a nice guy." Jenna commented.

"He is a really nice guy. Did he tell you that he and Kate are getting married?" Since Brielle said it herself, Jenna felt a little more relieved. Confused, but relieved.

"He did." Jenna confirmed. "When did you find out?"

"Caleb conned us into some weird intervention peace dinner." Brielle began explaining the entire thing to Jenna. Hearing how Caleb had set everybody up made Jenna happy she hadn't been feeling well. As much as she hated fighting with Isaac, staying home seemed to be the right choice for them. On top of having to see Luke all over Callie; Jenna would have lost it had she been faced with Nikki as well.