*Chapter 5*

:: Ray's POV (The Next Morning) ::

     I woke up this morning to the sound of my loud alarm on my iPhone. I felt for it and pressed the snooze button then slipped on a shirt so I can go to the bathroom. I would walk around without a shirt, but I don't like my little sisters seeing me shirtless. It's awkward in my opinion. After I did all of my daily hygiene, I slowly walked downstairs as I heard the twins talking. I decided to just listen in on their conversation. Just a little bit. "Girl he is fine, and he let me borrow his pencil, he want me," one of them said. It had to be Rayanna, she always think somebody want her. "Girl, the new kid probably want me, I'm cuter," I heard Renee say. They got a new kid at their school too, that's weird. But it's time for me to step in. "He better not want any of you or I'll be up there," I said as I walked in. I'm kind of the man of the house since my dad left us when the twins were born. "Ughh, Ray you are so overprotective," Rayanna said to me. I am but it's only because they are my baby sisters. "Ok, 1) You two are only ten and you shouldn't be thinking about boys, and 2) The only boys you should talk to is me, you got that?" I said. "Now go upstairs and get dressed before you guys end up being late," I said with control. I usually get them ready for school in the morning because my mom has to be at work early, so she cooks breakfast and wake the twins up before she leaves. They went upstairs and came back down dressed faster than I could sit down. They like dressing the same to fool kids and teachers. It's pretty funny, especially at parent teacher conferences, they don't know which one is the bad one. They gave me a hug and I walked them to the door. "Bye Ray!" they said in unison. I waved back and stood there as they walked down the block. "Hi, Cameron!" I heard the twins say as I went back in the house. Didn't Chanel have a little brother named Cameron? I turned back around and to my surprise, I saw Chanel waving to the little boy that the twins were talking to. Wow, I knew Chanel lived around here, but I didn't know she lived right across the street from me! "Hey, Chanel!" I yelled to her. She waved back then realized she had on a hair scarf and bunny slippers then ran in the house. She still looked beautiful to me.

:: Chanel's POV ::

     Oh my gosh! Ray lives across the street from me! This is awesome! Cameron was just talking to me about some twins that he likes, wait a minute, That's Ray's little sisters! Wow, it's weird. I didn't know that me and Cam had the same taste in people. But anyways, he saw me -- in bunny slippers! That's so embarrasing! He would have never saw me if I didn't decide to walk Cam to the door. My mom had left for work early so I decided to act all 'loving sister' like. But I gotta get dressed. I put on a white tank top with a blue, white and yellow cardigan, then I put on my yellow skinny jeans and my low top blue chucks. I could never vision myself without sneakers. I've never been a sandals and heels type of person. I put on some small dangling earrings, a small necklace, and my favorite charm bracelet that my grandmother gave to me before she died.I had to look good for my date! As I was brushing my hair, I heard a knock at the door. I ran downstairs and peeked through the window to see Raquan standing at the door. I opened it and I saw a huge smile creep upon his face. His smile is so adorable. "Hey, wassup?" I asked. "Hey, is it alright if I walk you to school?" He asked. This boy is just so sweet. "Yeah, sure come in," I offered. If my parents found out I had a boy in the house, my life would be over. She'll never find out. I moved to the side as he walked in. "Cool house," he said as he sat down on the couch. "Where's your mom?" he asked concerned. "She had to leave for work early," I said. I wonder why he wanted to know. I went upstairs to grab my backpack, turned off the lights, and ran downstairs. "Alright, ready to go?" I asked. "Yeah, I just gotta do something really quick," he said as his voice deepened. "Wha-" He cut me off. By kissing me! I wrapped my arms around his neck to deepen the kiss. I felt his hands travel down to my waist. It was amazing! He pulled away. I didn't want it to end. "What was that for?" I said catching my breath. "No reason." He said with a smirk. He intertwined his fingers into mine as we walked out the door. This day is gonna be just as exciting as yesterday. I can already feel it!