*Chapter 3*

:: Chanel's POV ::

The end of the day was coming, I became pretty happy. I made a friend, well that's what it seems. Raquan seems really into me and his dancing, is wow! I can remember nearly all of his moves, especially when he was grinding! Woah! I need to fan myself! He grouped up with three other boys. I think their names were Jacob, Craig and Chresanto. They were all awesome in my opinion. After that we had art. He's an awesome artist too! His nature designs and his cartoon drawings are flawless. This guy can do everything! He helped me draw some of my pictures too! Later he walked me to my reading and science class. He is such a sweetheart. It's just-- SWEET!. After school I walked to my locker to get my jacket and backpack. As I closed it, I saw Raquan with his arm propped on his locker door. I guess he was trying to look cool. "So, what bus do you take?" He said with a deep voice. "Uhh, I don't take a bus. I walk. I live a few blocks away from here," I explained. "Oh, me too! Maybe we can walk together," He said. I can hear the eagerness in his voice. It sounded like he was jumping up and down with excitement inside. I loved the attention that I was getting from him. He kinda brung me out of my shell. "I would love to!" I said with a big cheesy grin on my face.

::Ray's POV::

Chanel and I started walking down the street leisurely, as if we didn't have anywhere to go. We exchanged numbers and talked. While I was walking I dribbled the ball from my left to my right hand. We passed a park with an empty basketball court. She knew what I was thinking because she looked at me like 'Oh No'. "Imma go now so I won't be late," she quickly said trying to power walk away from me. I grabbed her wrist and pulled her closer to me gently. "Remember when you was talking all that stuff about your 'handle'," doing air quotes with my fingers. "It's time to put your money where your mouth is lil' mama." I softly yet aggresively pushed the ball to her chest. She playfully rolled her eyes and licked her lips. Man, she was sexy as hell when she did that. She furrowed her eyebrows while staring at me. "You really wanna do this now? You barely know me and you wanna get beat? In basketball? By a girl?" she bragged. She's trying to be cocky but she don't know that I'm captain of the boys basketball team and I have been for 3 years. "Wow! Chanel got jokes!" I said as I chuckled. "Well tell me what you can do Mr. Smith," she said pushing the ball back to me. I never heard someone that's my age call me Mister. It was cool. I felt professional. But anyway this is my time to make a move even though I only knew her for a day. I grabbed her hand and rubbed her knuckles with my thumb, "I can show you better than I can tell you -- Ms. Sims."

:: Chanel's POV ::

Our eyes met and I fell in love for a minute. I wanted to just-- just--SCREAM!! Then faint! I only knew this guy for a day and he is really getting to me. I guess he noticed me in my trance because he was yelling my name. "CHANEL!! You alright?" he screamed. "Huh? Sorry Raquan, I-" He cut me off. "Just call me Ray," he said with a little bit of seduction in his voice. "Well Ray, I think we should get this game started," I said trying to change the subject. I ran across the street to the court. "Chanel! Wait up!" I heard him yelling from behind me. "Vamos! (Come On!)" I screamed. I reached the court and put my hands on my knees to breathe. "I...didn't know....you spoke..... Spanish." Ray said between each breath. "Just a little, Come on!" I said pushing the ball out his hands. The game started. I dribbled in front of him staring into his eyes and biting my lip. He walked up closer and I ran passed him to make a lay-up. "It's looking like 2 to 0, step it up!" I bragged. He got the ball and he started shooting 3 pointers. It went back to back with us shooting 3's. I got the ball and started dribbling in front of him. "I'm winning this game Ray! Last shot!" I said with confidence. He lifted his shirt and showed his rock hard abs. I froze in my spot and the next thing I noticed was him taking the ball to the net."I win!" Ray exclaimed. "That's not fair, you cheated!" I yelled and ran to get the ball from his hands. We both fell into the grass. I was on top of him laughing. We looked into each other's eyes and I slowly made my way to his lips. I kissed him softly. His lips were so soft and sweet and they tasted like Hershey's. I was falling in love with this dude. I looked at my watch and noticed that I needed to get home in 5 minutes. I quickly stood up and fixed myself. "I'm sorry Ray, I gotta go!" I said as I got my stuff to leave. "Umm.. Alright call me!" I heard him scream as I ran out the park. "Si! (Everyone should know what that means!)" I yelled back from down the block. I'm totally gonna die when I get home!