*Chapter 7*

:: Ray's POV ::

I couldn't even focus today in school. All I could think about was my date with Chanel later. It wasn't anything fancy. I'm only fourteen for crying out loud! It was just Chanel and I hanging out...alone...together...in a romantic way. The final bell sounded and I eagerly left out of my U.S. History class to my locker. As the students started heading to their busses, I saw Chanel stroll around the corner. She held up her index finger and mouthed 'wait' as she directed herself to the bathroom. I nodded and grabbed my backpack, my baketball, and patiently waited for my girlfriend. I got out my iPhone and started texting Chres.

R: Y weren't u in skool 2day?

C: My lil bro got me sick last nite nd I woke up puking on everything.

R: K, tmi u coulda juss said u was sick.

C: O, my bad, BUT wats up wit u nd Chanel? Jacob told me yall going out n stuff now.

R: Yea, we r im finna ta-

A prescence in front of me blocked the light. I immediately assumed it was Chanel and started to smile. My thought was wrong, it was Erica. My smile faded, very, very quickly.

"Hey, Ray," she said while batting her eyelashes.

"Call me Raquan," I hissed at her. Only my friends and Chanel call me Ray. Erica is just...Erica.

"Oh, don't be like that babe," she said with a little seduction in her voice as she backed me up into my locker. I looked left and right through the halls. I wanted to know who her babe was. I saw no one.

"Who is your babe?" I asked curiously. "Because it sure isn't me."

:: Chanel's POV ::

"Who is your babe? Because it sure isn't me," I heard a familiar voice say as I walked out the bathroom. I peeked over the pillar and noticed Ray trapped in between a locker, and Erica. I rolled my eyes and watched their conversation.

"Come on Ray-"

"It's Raquan," Ray snickered.

"Listen, I liked you since we were in 6th grade, and you know you like me too," Erica said with annoyance. I don't understand why she's annoyed, Ray should be the annoyed one. She started playing with his braids with her fingers. He shook his head and shoved her away from him. I slowly came from around the pillar. He still didn't see me.

"I'm sorry, but if you didn't know, I have a girlfriend. And sh-" He turned and noticed me. "And she's right there," he smiled. He walked over to me and grabbed my hand. I saw Erica's face come from anger, to just rage. I smiled and looked at Ray.

"You ready to go?" Ray said with that deep voice that I adore!

"Yeah, sure," I blushed. We strolled down the hall to the main doors.

"Bye, Erica," I said. I saw Ray hold up the peace sign while not looking back at her.

As we got outside, I felt the warm air and the sun rays hit me. I put on my yellow shades and looked up at Ray.

"OK, I see you swagged out and stuff," he said.

"Uhh, yeah I'm the Swag Queen around here," I bragged.

"And what does that make me," he asked curiously.

"You can be the Swag Prince," I teased.

"Haha very funny," Ray said sarcastically.

"I'm just kidding, You could be my Swag King, how about that?"

"Now that's better."

We walked in silence for a few minutes. I knew Ray wasn't going to tell me where we were going so I didn't bother.