*Chapter 4*

:: Ray's POV ::

       She kissed me. Her lips were soft and they tasted like Hershey's, wait, that was probably me. I did just eat a king size Cookies n' Cream Hershey Bar at lunch today. I wonder what this means though. Are we dating? Because I do wanna go out with her -- Wait, what are you talking about Ray you only knew her for a day! I'm just gonna ask her when she calls me tonight. I heard the ringtone, "I've been thinkin' 'bout ya, ooh nah nah nah, I've been thinkin' 'bout ya, you noo noo noo, I've thinkin' 'bout ya, Do you think about me still? Do ya Do ya," It must be Chanel. I jumped across my bed and ran to my iPhone. "Hello?" I said a little out of breath. "Hey.. You OK?" I heard her ask. "Umm, yeah. I just had to run downstairs to get my phone before one of my sisters answered it, again." I lied while gaining back my composure. "Oh, My ba-" "It's not your fault. I just can't leave my stuff around like that," I said while chuckling. I heard her giggle through the phone. I love her laugh. "But anyways," she said still laughing a bit. "Sorry for ditching you like that. I kinda lost track of time and I had to rush," Chanel explained. "It's cool I understand. Did you get in trouble with your parents?" I asked. "No, my mom was just upset that I didn't call her to tell where I was going, and my dad's out on business for a couple weeks, so he probably wouldn't find out. But it's all good though," she said simply, "But I need to talk to you about something," I heard her say. "Wassup?" I asked. I already knew what we were gonna talk about. That amazing kiss. "I know that the kiss was unexpected but I'm really starting to like you an-" I cut her off. "That's great because I really like you too and I wanted to know if we can...umm... hang out tomorrow a--after school," I stuttered. "Are you asking me out on a d--date?" She asked unsure. Was I? I think I am. I mean I really like her and I would want to take her out. "Uhh.. yeah. Yeah, that is exactly what I am asking. Will you go on a date with me Friday night, well tomorrow but still Friday?" I confidently asked her. "Yes. I would love to go on a date with you!" I heard the eagerness and excitement in her voice. "Ooh! Nelly's going out on a date!" I heard someone yell in the background. "Oh, mi dios, salir Cameron! (Oh My God! Get out Cameron!) Ughh!" I heard Chanel scream. That must be her brother that she's yelling at. I have to admit, it was kinda funny when she snapped in Spanish. She came back to the phone. "Sorry, it was my annoying little brother, he's always eavesdropping on my conversations, I can't stand that kid!" she said a little irritated. "Trust me I know how you feel, I got twin sisters and they are annoying as hell!" I said trying to relate to her problem. (BTW I just made up his little sisters, It's not true!). Then my little sister busts in my door. "Ray! Mama said you need to go downstairs and wash them dishes now!" She screamed at me. Sometimes, I just want to punch her. "Ok Rayanna! Now get out!" I yelled. "I'm sorry, I gotta go, see you tomorrow." I said irritated. "Yeah, bye." The phone went dead. Now I got to go wash these stupid dishes and pick out my outfit for tomorrow! For my DATE!

:: Chanel's POV ::

I went downstairs to find Cameron, and my mom sitting at the table eating dinner. "Ooh what's for dinner?" I asked. "Tacos," my brother said with his mouth full. I love tacos! I looked at them with a big grin on my face. I went over to the counter to get my taco shell and the meat that was displayed over there. "Cameron, you should go upstairs and get ready for bed," my mom said softly. "But Mom-," "Ahora!(Now!)" My mother said a litttle louder. She wants to talk to me about something, I know my mom. She never sends Cam upstairs unless there is something she needs to talk about with me or my dad. Cameron stomped up the stairs mummbling a bunch of things."Sweetie, can you sit down for a second, I need to talk to you about something," she said. See? I told you. I put the finishing touches on my taco and sat down in the seat that Cameron was sitting in before he left. "So I heard you were going on a date tomorrow?" she said uncertain. I am but when I tell my mom about boys she gets all excited and cheesy. It's like she becomes a teenager again. "Don't worry, I'm not gonna tell your dad," she said trying to get my answer out of me. My dad hates when I talk about boys. If he could, he would forbid me to watch movies with any male human in it. You know how dads are --- very overprotective.  "No mom, I'm just going to hang out with a new friend from school tomorrow, that's all," I lied through my teeth, and she knew it too. I know my mom just as well as she knows me. Which is good and bad at the same time. "Oh, really? So what's this 'friend's' name?" She said suspiciously while doing air quotes with her fingers. "Raquan," I mumbled barely audible. She cupped her hands around her ear indicating to me that she didn't know what I said. "Raquan," I said a little louder. She looked at me with a confused face. "Wha-" "RAQUAN!" I screamed as I cut her off. She looked at me like 'I know this bitch just didn't'. "Lo siento(I'm sorry)" I said quickly and lowly while sinking down into my seat. "Was he the reason you came in so late today?" she asked curiously. "No, not at all. I was at the park playing basketball and lost total track of time," I said. "With who? Because I don't remember you having a ball when you came in the house," she said. My lies are not going as well as I planned. "Him, but he's not the reason I came in late. It was all me." I explained trying to defend him. "Sweetie, I'm not angry at you. I'm actually very happy that you're hanging out with your new friend tomorrow," she explained. I knew she wasn't angry but I was surprised that she isn't jumping up and down with excitement. Sometimes she act like she's the one going on the date. "So, you know what you're going to wear? What about your hair? Small or large earrings? What shoes?" my mom surveyed me with concern. There is the mom that I know and love. "Mami, it's not that important," I said biting into my taco. " I'm sorry mi hija(My daughter). Well, just tell me what you are gonna wear then?" My mom asked. I sighed "Umm, pants and a shirt." I smirked at her while wiping sour cream from the corner of my mouth. I stood up and sat my plate in the sink. I turned around to see her shaking her head and giggling. I blew a kiss at her as I headed upstairs. "See ya mom,I'm going to take a shower." I gotta get ready for my DATE tomorrow!!