A Rebel Wedding (Part Seven)

Set after Return of the Jedi:

Summary – After a successful proposal, the crew of the Ghost gathers to begin making preparations for a second marriage, all of them in high spirits... (BF/GF)

Sabine's shout of 'yes!' as Ezra had gotten down on knee had carried through the Ghost, and before long members of the crew started to come and investigate. Zeb was the first, having been sat in his cabin just opposite preparing to go to sleep. He banged his fist against the door a couple of times before barging his way inside.
"What's with all the noise?! I like my sleep! You know tha-" he started, gradually quietening down as he examined the scene before him. Ezra stood with an enormous grin on his face, while Sabine showed off the ring with a flick of her finger. Zeb's eyes widened, and he gave a gulp, his mouth slowly morphing into a smile. And before Ezra or Sabine could say a word, he engulfed them both in a tight embrace, very nearly suffocating them.
"Yep...yeah...thanks big guy...appreciate it" Ezra gasped, coughing a little as Zeb let the couple go.
"I'm proud of you, kid. Are you happy?" the Lasat questioned, causing Ezra to smile. He turned his attention to Sabine, who nodded her head in response to his question.
"Never been happier...I don't really know what to say" she admitted, having been caught completely off guard by the whole affair.
"I'm glad...you both deserve a win...although I've gotta say...not exactly thrilled that I'm gonna have to wear that ridiculous tuxedo again...things we do for family" Zeb remarked gruffly in response, only half joking. Before another word could be said, Chopper rushed into the cabin, grumbling a rapid series of beeps. Hera and Kanan swiftly followed behind, and while Kanan gasped in surprise when he entered the room, Hera simply gave a knowing smile, sharing a subtle nod with Ezra.
"Did you?" Kanan asked, pointing towards Ezra.
"Yep" Ezra confirmed.
"A-and did you?" Kanan questioned, turning his attention to Sabine.
"Definitely" she confirmed with a grin.
"I'm very happy for you both...let's hope General Organa will be willing to grant us a little more time off from our duties" the Jedi remarked, expressing a concern that was on everyone's minds.
"Oh, I shouldn't worry about that...she owes me a few favours. I'll call one in...besides she's not unreasonable. The more important thing now is planning the wedding. Any ideas you two?" Hera replied, once again turning the limelight on Ezra and Sabine. The Mandalorian shrugged her shoulders, having made no plans whatsoever. She'd never really imagined she'd be in this position, and she wasn't one for planning her future anyway, taking delight in unpredictability.
"Well...I always hoped, if you ever said yes, that we'd marry on Lothal. It's where we first met...and we all fought so hard to protect the people there. If that's alright with you of course" Ezra commented, gently taking hold of Sabine's hand with a warm smile. The artist thought to herself for a moment, before nodding her head enthusiastically.
"A wedding in the grassy fields...where we used to practice in the good old days. I can see it now...the gentle breeze, the quiet" she replied, staring off into the distance for a time.
"Sounds lovely...okay, move out people. We'll give the two of you some time alone. I'm sure you'll need help organising the wedding, just come and find us when you need something" Hera answered, gently shoving Kanan and Zeb out of the door. Chopper wheeled himself out, apparently having grown bored at all of the waiting around. And as the Twi-Lek herself walked out, she shot Ezra a brief proud smile, closing the door behind her.

Once the chaos had died down a little and Ezra and Sabine found themselves alone, neither of them really knew what to do next. For weeks now, Ezra had stressed himself out over this very moment, trying to make it as perfect as possible. Of course, Sabine's presence alone was enough to accomplish that. But now the proposal had gone ahead, he found himself unsure what to do now. For a moment, both of them stood in the middle of the cabin, smiling shyly at one another in silence. Of course, it was Ezra who eventually broke this silence.
"We should sit down...it's been a long day" he remarked, sitting down on the bunk and leaning against the wall. Sabine nodded her head in agreement, lying down beside him and turning her head to face him.
"I love the ring...it must've been difficult to find one so colourful" she commented, twirling her fingers and staring at the peace ring with a fond smile.
"Hm...I reckon it was fate, actually. I went to Bith for the painting and found that in a jeweller's shop while I was waiting. Turns out it was commissioned by Luke Skywalker...the gem contains metals from every planet which opposed the Empire" Ezra explained in response, relieved that he'd made a good choice with the ring as well.
"You're joking...wow...I wonder who Luke made it for?" Sabine wondered aloud in awe.
"Doesn't matter now...it's yours..." Ezra replied, planting a gentle kiss on her forehead.
"Heh...thanks. So...how long have you been planning this?" she asked curiously. The Jedi smiled knowingly.
"Only a few weeks...since Kanan proposed to Hera. I mean...I always thought it was in our future, but when I saw the two of them so happy together, I figured...why not have the future come early?" he stated, sighing happily as Sabine nuzzled closer. He laughed inwardly at how much she had changed over the years; the Sabine ten years ago would stun him for suggesting cuddling like this. Nowadays, she welcomed it gladly.
"No arguments here. We've got a lot of work to do now though, I'd say planning a wedding will be about as hard as liberating Lothal" she remarked, provoking a chuckle from Ezra.
"It'll be worth it, I hope. How hard can it be?" he asked in return. Sabine gave him a surprised glance.
"You're kidding, right? We need to sort out the outfits, I mean luckily most of the crew still have what they wore to Hera and Kanan's wedding, but I need a dress. And we need to scout out a venue, find a nice spot in Lothal's fields. Then of course there's the food, and the decorations. And we have to decide who to invite. Do we want a huge celebration like Kanan and Hera? Or just close friends and family?" she explained, listing each item on her fingers. Ezra shuddered at the prospect...so much work, who knew weddings were so complicated?
"I think I've got a headache" he remarked, rubbing his forehead with a wince to prove a point.
"You and me both...not that I'm having any second thoughts" Sabine replied. No matter how stressed they'd both become over the next few weeks, neither would regret their decision.
"All the same...I think that stuff can wait till tomorrow, right? At the moment, I just want you...'Bine..." Ezra stated, gently adjusting himself to move closer to her. Sabine smiled.
"You've got me, Ez...we've got each other" she answered, resting her head on his shoulder and slowly closing her eyes. Ezra soon followed suit, falling into a gentle sleep with the Mandalorian at his side. It was the best night's sleep he'd had in a long while.

Morning came, and along with it the many responsibilities of planning a wedding. Ezra had scarcely gotten dressed when Hera knocked on the cabin door, requesting to be let inside. The Jedi stumbled over, unlocking the door as he pulled an orange shirt over his head.
"What's the matter boss?" he questioned through a yawn, shaking his head in a vague attempt to stave off the tiredness.
"Well...we're all waiting. Lots of jobs need doing before a wedding, trust me I know. But we're all here to help lighten the load. Where's Sabine? I figured I could join her in dress shopping" Hera answered, glancing around the room.
"Oh, she's just in the bathroom. She always likes to take a cold shower in the morning, helps wake her up" Ezra explained, by now knowing Sabine's morning ritual off by heart.
"Okay...well I'll wait here for her. Kanan and Chopper have offered to join you on the Phantom and find a nice place on Lothal, if that's still your plan" the Twi-Lek responded, gesturing out towards the galley where the rest of the crew were no doubt waiting.
"Yeah, Sabine seems to like that idea. What'll Zeb be doing?" Ezra questioned curiously.
"Same thing he did for my wedding...I gave him the job of finding food again since he did so well last time. I thought it might take a weight off your shoulders. Is that alright?" Hera asked in reply, the last thing she wanted to do was seem overbearing, as if she was taking control.
"Sure, the food at your wedding was great, I trust Zeb. In that case, I'd better be off...be sure to tell 'Bine where I've gone" Ezra remarked, making his way down the main corridor and out of sight. As she waited on the spot, Hera leant forwards, examining the painting from Bith. She hadn't had time to properly look at it while smuggling it onto the Ghost before. It was certainly professional; she could imagine Sabine was very pleased with it. Ezra was certainly thoughtful. Hera snapped back to reality when the bathroom door opened, and Sabine stepped out in her black bodysuit.
"Oh...I didn't realise you were here" the Mandalorian commented, hurriedly affixing her beskar plates.
"No worries...you ready for a mission?" Hera questioned in response, turning away while Sabine finished dressing herself.
"Always...though I thought were on leave" she remarked with slight confusion.
"Oh we are...this mission isn't for the New Republic. I figured we could take the Ghost back to Garel, where I got my dress, and look for one for you. Zeb has to go there to gather the food supplies anyway and Ezra's bound for Lothal. What do you say?" the Twi-Lek asked, briefly glancing at the many paintings which adorned the cabin walls. Sabine's talent knew no bounds.
"Huh...guess this is really happening. Sounds good" Sabine answered, following Hera out towards the cockpit with a smile. Shopping for a wedding dress, who would've thought? Sabine thought silently. Strange galaxy gets stranger every day...