Jealousy (Part One)

Set during season two (Shortly after 'A Princess on Lothal')

Summary – Noticing the amount of time that Ezra has begun spending with Leia; Sabine starts feeling an unfamiliar emotion, jealousy.

Credit to Kublopsclan for this idea. (Finally got round to it)

It had taken a rather agonizing twenty-four hours for Leia Organa, Princess of Alderaan, to finally shake off the loathsome company of Lieutenant Lyste, but at last she had managed it. After having had a trio of Hammerhead Corvettes, as well as his own shuttle, stolen by the Spectres, Lyste was understandably cautious. The Lieutenant would not allow Leia out of his sight until she was on her way back to Alderaan aboard a luxury diplomatic shuttle. However, rather like the father she never knew, Leia had moments where following orders seemed frankly dull. During the brief time she had spent with them, Leia had grown to admire the Spectres and their sense of family. And since her mission on Lothal had been so successful, she decided that she would take a small diversion before returning to Alderaan. After finally managing to lose her imperial escort, Leia turned her shuttle around, intent on reuniting with the Ghost and its crew.

Being the adopted daughter of Bail Organa, and a key member of the fledgling Rebel Alliance herself, had certain privileges. For instance, Leia had researched many of Phoenix Squadron's rendezvous points in preparation for her mission with them. As such, locating the Ghost was not a difficult task. After a brief discussion over the comms with Commander Jun Sato, head of the squadron, she received permission to dock with the Ghost.

The shuttle rocked slightly as the two ships connected, and Leia took a breath. Despite knowing them for such little time, she could not help but feel a connection to the ragtag band of the Ghost, particularly Ezra. The galaxy was far from fair, especially now that the Empire reigned supreme, and having so many responsibilities at such a young age was often...exhausting. Leia sensed Ezra understood her in a way most would not.

With a slight feeling of apprehension, she strolled through the docking tube, giving her diplomatic bodyguards leave to remain on the shuttle. While she was more than eager to spend some more time with the Spectres, she did not want to intrude on what appeared to be a close family unit. Fortunately, she had nothing to fear, for the Spectres were nothing if not welcoming.

By the time she reached the Ghost, Leia stepped through the door to find the entire crew stood there waiting for her. Each of them wore friendly smiles of varying degrees, all seemingly glad to see her. Within seconds, any fear she might have had about interrupting them was gone.
"Leia! Great to see you...how did it go with Lyste?" Hera questioned, beaming at the sight of the princess.
"Well, he certainly won't be earning himself a promotion any time soon, thicker than the usual imperial, that one," Leia answered, causing the Twi-Lek to chuckle.
"Still, the way you fooled time and again was impressive, makes me question the point of a mind trick. I thought you were supposed to head back to Alderaan," Kanan commented.
"I am...but my father doesn't expect my mission to finish for another few days, and I figured...well, I thought perhaps I could spend some time with people who aren't imperial morons," the princess explained, feeling a little awkward.
"No imps here, Ezra definitely qualifies as a moron though," Sabine remarked, expecting a rebuke.

The Mandalorian found herself surprised at the response. Ordinarily, Ezra would think of some witty comeback and the pair's verbal sparring would go on, but not this time. No, this time Ezra shot her a strange look, a sort of glare, and remained completely silent.
"Oh, I disagree completely, actually it was impressive to see a Jedi in action, truly lends credence to the stories I was told from the Clone Wars. And, of course, you were incredible too, Kanan," Leia commented in response, causing Kanan to nod his head silently in thanks. Ezra took things...less coolly, coughing awkwardly before stuttering to change the subject.
"Uh...ahem thanks...would you like a tour of the ship? I don't think you had time before..." he responded. Compliments clearly tripped him up.
"Lead the way," the princess answered, and with that, the two of them strolled away.