Chapter 20

It wasn’t long before Bonnie started to stir. She was greeted by pale blue eyes. Her heart raced at the thought of Damon. Her headache, but as long as Damon was there she knew she was safe. “Dear Brotha your hostage is awake,” Rebekah song.

Klaus looked over at Bonnie she would be in a dreamy haze long enough for Caroline and Andorra to get here. He was gonna make himself and Rebekah into the first vampire-witches or in his case hybrid-witch. All he had to do was make the ultimate sacrifice…a goddess. “We need to put a little fire under them to get this going. They’re not running for little Bonnie fast enough,” Klaus heard his new best friend say.

Klaus looked up at the goddess and knew the problem. “They don’t have a witch to run to for the answers. They’re going to take a while to come to us unless…” Klaus said turning to Rebekah.

“Well what is it?” Rebekah asked.

“Bring me Matt,” Klaus said.

“How about I bring you Elena, or Jeremy,” Rebekah proposed.

Klaus grabbed Rebekah by the collar, “I gave you an order. Go,” He whispered with a menacing glare. “Now!”

Rebekah knew where Matt was and she didn’t want to face him. She didn’t know how to react when she saw him again. Should she be mad, should she pretend to be indifferent? Why was this such a problem for her? Matt was a human boy, a poor peasant boy at best. He was also her only friend. A friend wouldn’t have kissed Elena, she reminded herself. She never intended to fall for Matt. Her objective was always to get Stefan back. However, Matt was making her feel human again, and that’s all she wanted. She was immortal, yet she has never lived.

Rebekah pulled up to Matt’s pathetic little home. She sighed and figured this could be quick and painless. All she had to do was go in there and get Matt. It was the easiest thing Niklaus had ever asked of her. Yet, her heart couldn’t do it. It was as if Nick had asked her to leave Stefan all over again. 

Rebekah walked up to Matt’s door. Before she could knock on the door Matt opened it wearing the leather jacket she brought him. “Hey,” Matt smiled.

“Hello,” Rebekah said and swallowed hard.

“I was just about to go to your place, and apologize. I know you can’t control Klaus and you love your brother. It doesn’t excuse what I did with Elena, and I want us to work,” Matt said making Rebekah’s heart race.

“I’m sorry about Bonnie,” she said looking into his eyes.

Matt smiled at her and kissed her. Rebekah’s world stop and she felt like a smitten little girl again. She felt that way whenever Matt kissed her. He was the only guy to make her heartbeat faster and slower all at the same time. “Matt, I can take you to Bonnie.”

“Really,” Matt said unknowingly holding Rebekah together. “Is she okay?”

“For now, but Klaus wants me to bring you to him,” Rebekah confessed.

“Why?”

“He needs Caroline and Andorra for a project he’s working on,” she said trying to hide his true intentions.

“Well… um…I’ll come with you and we’ll get Bonnie somewhere safe,” Matt said looking into Rebekah’s eyes.

“You can’t Nick will kill you if you try, and I’m sure that’s his plan,” Rebekah noted. She didn’t care much about Matt’s friends she just wanted him to be safe.

“I have to help Bonnie. Please help me Beks?” Matt asked looked down at her. Her expression was blink and he had little hope of her complying with his request.